Return to Baseball Leftovers

Predict the 2nd half of these 1st half scrubs!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Predict the 2nd half of these 1st half scrubs!!!

Postby bengbrewer » Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:00 pm

Predict the 2nd half of these 1st half scrubs!!! They are killing my team.

Kent, Jeff (2B-Hou)
Berkman, Lance (CF, LF-Hou)
Ordonez, Magglio (RF-CWS)
Giles, Brian (LF-Pit)
Guerrero, Vladimir (RF-Mon)

Miller, Wade (SP-Hou)
bengbrewer
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ZAZ » Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:05 pm

Brian Giles is rumored to be going to the Yanks. Whenever they get an outfield slugger mid-season, the player often performs very well (such as David Justice and even Jose Canseco). So, I hope they get Giles and he starts lighting it up. Regardless, I think he'll come around, he did miss almost a month at the beginning of the season.
ZAZ

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Baseballer02 » Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:23 pm

Both Kent and Guererro should do well after they come back from their injuries. Wade Miller is a known 2nd half pitcher, I think he had like 11 wins and a 2.?? ERA in the 2nd half last year. Ordonez seems to be heating up also.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -15)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdh » Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:57 pm

Kent should be fine once he comes back from his injury, which doesn;t sound serious. Before the injury, his performance was pretty much at his usual standards, with him on pace for .313-23-104 season. He will probably bump that up a bit second half and finish around .320-30-120.

Berkman was very slow the first month but has been coming around. He will finish at around .300-35-110, a little below what you might have expected but still very solid.

Maggs has always been a bit of a slow starter and should kick it up the second half, especially if the people around him start producing. I'd expect him to finish at .300-30-100, with his RBI totals falling a bit below expectations due to the weakness of the lineup around him.

Giles has been performing fine although his numbers don't show it because he missed three weeks with an injury. He'll wind up at .300-25-100, but don't expect the usual steals because of the knee injury.

Vlad is hard to predict because we don't know for sure when he'll be back and how well he'll be able to perform. The most recent report is around the all star break. He should be like 80% for the rest of the year and probably won't come close to his preseason expectations or warrant his high draft pick but should still perform like a top 10 outfielder. I'd expect his power numbers to be at about his normal pace but it's unlikely you'll get any steals from him.

Miller is a noted second half pitcher and slow starter. He also has been pitching very well lately. I acquired him after his slow start and have been starting him every time out for 11 starts now, and he has gone 5-5 with a 3.86 ERA and 1.06 WHIP. The WHIP doesn't seem to match the ERA right now or the W-L record, so he has just been unlucky most of the year. I'd expect that luck to turn second half. He should get you at least 10 wins and an ERA around 3.00 the rest of the way.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby T Long » Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:23 pm

they all have been great in past years and are on slow starts but they arn't doing horrible right now,

giles for comin off his injury is doin fine
whats wrong with kent?
berkman is starting to do much better
miller will have a good second half like he always does
maggs hasn't been too bad but will do much better
and vlad was hurting so what did u expect
T Long
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers