Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Luciani vs BA Top 100 lists

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby sublime8414 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:54 pm

that luciani article was quite interesting...thanks
sublime8414
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 758
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: philadelphia

Postby Steve-o » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:08 pm

garf112 wrote:You are quite welcome. Those were the good years. It looks like he put out his next three or so, and they were not as good. There are doubters on other message boards about the authenticity of his lists from those years. I don't think he would publish three bad lists after "forging" three good lists.


I kinda figured the same guy posted this to Sickels blog site as well. I very much doubt the authenticity of his lists. When the whole list is posted, it is like a who's who of current MLB allstars.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1879
Joined: 7 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Finally back home. A sweet 15 mi from Miller Park.

Postby mamorris » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:01 am

It's a pity he had to take down those lists. There are some pathetic people in this world.

Read this if you don't know what I'm talking about.
mamorris
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 299
Joined: 8 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby mamorris » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:04 am

Steve-o wrote:
garf112 wrote:You are quite welcome. Those were the good years. It looks like he put out his next three or so, and they were not as good. There are doubters on other message boards about the authenticity of his lists from those years. I don't think he would publish three bad lists after "forging" three good lists.


I kinda figured the same guy posted this to Sickels blog site as well. I very much doubt the authenticity of his lists. When the whole list is posted, it is like a who's who of current MLB allstars.


Don't you think someone would have caught him out if he was modifying the lists? It's funny how some people refuse to give credit, even when the evidence is put right before them.
mamorris
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 299
Joined: 8 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby bigken117 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:36 pm

mamorris wrote:It's a pity he had to take down those lists. There are some pathetic people in this world.

Read this if you don't know what I'm talking about.


I agree :-t I enjoyed reading them while they were up. He has nothing to gain by modifying his lists except his credibility, which I doubt he'd risk after having been forcasting for so long. A big :-t to Mr. Cool.
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/E/Jacoby-Ellsbury.shtml
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=24
http://twitter.com/#!/baseballcafe
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fantasy-Baseball-Cafe/117034715055181?sk=wall
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12872
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 15 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: posed in an awkward stance

Postby Webster11 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:03 pm

That is a shame. Even if you dont agree with his rankings you have to respect someone whos willing to step out of the box and offer a different take than everyone else
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1110
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Steve-o » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:20 pm

mamorris wrote:
Steve-o wrote:
garf112 wrote:You are quite welcome. Those were the good years. It looks like he put out his next three or so, and they were not as good. There are doubters on other message boards about the authenticity of his lists from those years. I don't think he would publish three bad lists after "forging" three good lists.


I kinda figured the same guy posted this to Sickels blog site as well. I very much doubt the authenticity of his lists. When the whole list is posted, it is like a who's who of current MLB allstars.


Don't you think someone would have caught him out if he was modifying the lists? It's funny how some people refuse to give credit, even when the evidence is put right before them.


I must say that I was just amazed at his forecasting ability. If those are his lists, then fine, sign me up as a subscriber.

The reasons listed in this thread make perfect sense to me as to why he wouldn't alter his old work. I am willing to admit when I am wrong, I was probably wrong on this one. It is just that the list was soooo amazing.

I must also admit that I am relatively new into the depths of the minor league fantasy baseball realm. I have been reading BA and BP for a while, but never gotten into any of the other sources until this year.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1879
Joined: 7 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Finally back home. A sweet 15 mi from Miller Park.

Postby carter » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:33 pm

Luciani just announced that he won't be around next year because of the threats .. i hope this all blows over soon .. his work is amazing
carter
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 341
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mamorris » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:09 am

Steve-o wrote:
mamorris wrote:
Steve-o wrote:
garf112 wrote:You are quite welcome. Those were the good years. It looks like he put out his next three or so, and they were not as good. There are doubters on other message boards about the authenticity of his lists from those years. I don't think he would publish three bad lists after "forging" three good lists.


I kinda figured the same guy posted this to Sickels blog site as well. I very much doubt the authenticity of his lists. When the whole list is posted, it is like a who's who of current MLB allstars.


Don't you think someone would have caught him out if he was modifying the lists? It's funny how some people refuse to give credit, even when the evidence is put right before them.


I must say that I was just amazed at his forecasting ability. If those are his lists, then fine, sign me up as a subscriber.

The reasons listed in this thread make perfect sense to me as to why he wouldn't alter his old work. I am willing to admit when I am wrong, I was probably wrong on this one. It is just that the list was soooo amazing.

I must also admit that I am relatively new into the depths of the minor league fantasy baseball realm. I have been reading BA and BP for a while, but never gotten into any of the other sources until this year.


Ah, no problems. It's just that on other sites over the last couple of days there's been quite a few posts that read exactly like this one. Almost all of them were from know-it-alls who seem to think they are God's gift to baseball forecasting, so I mistakenly assumed you were one of them. It's not hard to see where you're coming from though in retrospect.
mamorris
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 299
Joined: 8 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball


Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests