Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonds

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bonds

Postby Lloyd Christmas » Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:30 am

I could hit 600 HR's if I was juicing as well. This is the most arrogant self-righteous player in the game. This guy would not have half of his numbers if he was forced to play by the rules and not get the advantages of strength enhancing drugs.

Like Sammy, this guy is a cheater. Find me someone who puts up the numbs without cheating.
Lloyd Christmas

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby The Jury » Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:37 am

Trust me you couldn't. Even try hitting an underhand 40 MPH softball thrown from 10-15 feet away. I got blown away yesterday :-P
The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Softball

Postby Lloyd Christmas » Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:40 am

I've been playing softball for about 8 years. Easy to hit HR's.... just wait on the pitches and let them come down further before swinging. Just when you are about to swing, wait half a second then swing. Takes time to learn, but you will soon dominate.

Hit the cages.
Lloyd Christmas

Postby thehat » Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:32 pm

No argument regarding the Bonds personality (not sure I want to concede he even has one). But I would tend to believe he's not a juicer. Reason for this assessment is that he's still going strong at nearly 39. The 'roiders don't last that long, their bodies break down a la Canseco and Mac, Caminiti and a host of others. If Bonds has been juicing, then he's beating all kinds of odds lasting this long at such an incredible level. Despite his condescending attitude, he is the consummate athlete in terms of conditioning and is clearly the best player of his generation.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -14)

Postby The Jury » Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:12 pm

Lloyd, I'm not some shitty uncoordinated dude like many. I can hit a normal softball pitch deep, but these don't come down in the classic arc, they sink behind the plate and rise gradually constantly on the way to the plate. Plus the pitching rubber is only about 12 feet away which sucks. 17 year old pitcher by the way.
The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -13)

Bonds

Postby The Zot » Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:18 pm

It never ceases to amaze me how people react to Bonds. The man is only the greatest ballplayer of our time, and people want to hate him? Gee, I suppose Ty Cobb was a media gem, or Babe Ruth was a saint. Anyone ever watch "61"? Just because the guy achieves something no one has done before, doesn't mean he's cheating...sheesh, sit back and enjoy the show.
The Zot

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:02 pm

The Jury wrote:Lloyd, I'm not some shitty uncoordinated dude like many. I can hit a normal softball pitch deep, but these don't come down in the classic arc, they sink behind the plate and rise gradually constantly on the way to the plate. Plus the pitching rubber is only about 12 feet away which sucks. 17 year old pitcher by the way.

You're telling us that someone really stands 10- 12 feet in front of you and pitches a ball at you at 40mph?? I find that very hard to believe seeing as how he'd get nailed in the FACE! i can see maybe 30-45 feet.. but 10 feet?? No freakin way.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers