Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ryan Garko C/1B/DH Cle

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ryan Garko C/1B/DH Cle

Postby Steve-o » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:49 pm

Anyone know if he has a position yet?

I figure Hafner has DH locked up, Martinez is primary C, with either Bard or Diaz backing him up, and since Ben Broussard was offered arbitration he will be the primary 1B. However, in the December 9th edition of TSN, they listed him as a the primary 1B. Can any Cleveland fans confirm this?

If he will get ABs, he could be a great sleeper at the catcher position in AL only leagues...
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:52 pm

Ryan Garko, probably my favorite player in the minors that I have ever met, still really has no place in Cleveland yet. His main problem is defense as he has no position to play, but he can flat out destroy a baseball. I was hoping the Indians would let Broussard go so Garko could have 1b all to himself this year, but with the signing of Eduardo Perez earlier this week by the Indians, I think this will keep Garko at AAA this year and he should become a solid piece of trade bait once the Indians realize what their need will be for the playoff run.
raiders_umpire

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -786)

Postby Dr. StrangeGlove » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:53 am

Garko was a late season call-up but he only had 1AB because the Indians played down to the wire. I have heard is defence is suspect for a catcher but he was a good hitter at AAA. To bad they didnt try him at a new position.
Dr. StrangeGlove
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -6)

Return to Baseball Leftovers