Jenkins
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -56)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:37 am

I friggin' love baseball

LOVE IT!!!!!

But I would still rather have access to Howard Stern's channels than the baseball channels... because there is no Sterncenter on in the evenings on TV, just Sporstcenter. I love my baseball, but listening to Stern in the morning on my way to work is important to me too.

PS- I bought an attachment to get me reasonable reception in my car/home on Sirius- now I'm quite satisfied. ;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -167)

Postby ThatDude » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:22 am

IMO, Stern or any of those similiar morning shows with toliet flushing sound effects are a complete joke and waste of airtime. It's not the least bit funny or entertaining. I've never understood why people like that junk. And Robin Quivers has the single most annoying laugh I've ever had the misfortune of hearing.

I dont care which company is growing faster, which is the most technologically advanced, or which companies stocks are higher.

Baseball is the only sport I really care about, with college hoops and pro football coming in a very distant 2nd and 3rd.

XM was an easy choice for me.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -10)

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:23 am

This is starting to have very little to do with the actual question asked...:,-(

Having been around some of the sat. radio forums, I know that the issue between the two companies can become a bruhaha between who bought whichever product. Apparently people want to validate themselves by saying they bought into the "right" company that won't go under. Why is that necessary? :-? Satellite radio in general is good for America because normal radio is crap - it's too commercialized, regulated, and annoying.

When you speed up songs being played on your station in order to have more time to get commercials on, you're doing a terrible thing. :-t

Yes, I have Sirius, but I will not hesitate to tell someone that if they like baseball that they should buy XM. After all, you're buying it to hear what you want, right? Both play commercial free music which is a zillion times better than free radio. The sound quality on satellite might stink in comparison to FM, but I'll take the tradeoff of no commercials for a drop in SQ (which I really don't hear or care that much about...although at some point it would be nice if they made it a little better ;-)).
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -250)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers