Return to Baseball Leftovers

Satelite Radio and MLB

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby MikeFromNY » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:48 pm

Jenkins wrote:I apologize, I was just taking numbers off the top of my head.

Jenkins wrote:Please go look at their year end numbers, so you will shut up.

Sorry. It had to be done.

Anyways, they are definitely growing at a faster rate, and the only reason XM is out to such an advantage is because of their head start.

No, dude. They're not.
MikeFromNY
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jenkins » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:21 am

I might have been wrong about the exact numbers of subscribers, but there is ABSOLUTELY no denying that Sirius is growing at a faster rate than XM.

Even Logan will back me on that.
Jenkins
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -56)

Postby MikeFromNY » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:27 am

Jenkins wrote:I might have been wrong about the exact numbers of subscribers, but there is ABSOLUTELY no denying that Sirius is growing at a faster rate than XM.

Even Logan will back me on that.

I doubt it. Logan seems fairly intelligent.

logan wrote:
so sirius added 2.1 million subs in 05

[...]

hmm xm adds 2.7 million subs in 05.

I can't imagine that he would say this, without understanding that 2.7 is a bigger number than 2.1. In fact, I believe that was his point. He was disagreeing with you.

I'm sorry...but saying that a guy will "back you" on a point that he just disagreed with you on is....well......pretty silly.
MikeFromNY
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Jenkins » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:42 am

Youre an idiot.

XM had 3 million and added 2.7 this year.

Sirius had 1.2 million and added 2.1 this year.

XMs growth rate is 2.7/3.0= 90%

Sirius growth rate is 2.1/1.2= 175%

Good Luck in Fantasy Baseball, considering you dont understand basic math.
Jenkins
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby logan » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:46 am

ok sufifce it to say i don't agree and i'll just leave it at that. again i'm done.
Last edited by logan on Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MikeFromNY » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:49 am

Jenkins wrote:Youre an idiot.

:-D

No...I'm not.
MikeFromNY
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Jenkins » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:05 am

That industry always explodes around Christmas. Sirius had a bigger 3rd quarter as well. Stern is a large reason why they are growing, but the fact is Stern or not it is growing faster and will continue to grow faster. Stern is one of many exclusive things you can get on it. You dont have to like NBA, NFL, NASCAR (07), NHL, Euro Soccer, Stern, Martha Stewart, but there are millions of people that do. These with Stern will fuel faster growth than XM. Sure, I would love to have MLB (probably more than the others), but there are a lot more people that would rather have these than MLB only. You cant think that Stern came on now and all of his fans have jumped on that are going to.

Stern is only one reason (albeit a big one) of why it will continue to grow. By the way, his shows are unbelievable now that he finally has freedom to do anything. Bubba the Love Sponge is hilarious too. If you like that kind of stuff, you have to get Sirius.

I merely suggested that the guy can have all this and get MLB with MLBTV, because I believe (after having both) that to be the best bet.

Sorry, if anyone was offended or annoyed by my posts (Logan & Mike). I love Sirius and I sincerely think this guy should get it (with MLBTV). That way, he can get everything.
Jenkins
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MikeFromNY » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:09 am

Jenkins wrote:Stern is only one reason (albeit a big one) of why it will continue to grow. By the way, his shows are unbelievable now that he finally has freedom to do anything. Bubba the Love Sponge is hilarious too. If you like that kind of stuff, you have to get Sirius.

Opie and Anthony are better than either of them. As are Ron and Fez.

It amuses me that you actually mentioned Martha Stewart, in defense of Sirius.
MikeFromNY
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Jenkins » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:17 am

Like it or not, (which I dont), lots of women like her. Women (who are basically nonexistent in the marketing of Satellite Radio) have a reason to choose Sirius. When it is time for a woman to choose between Sirius or XM, it helps to have Martha Stewart as exclusive content. My point being, you dont have to like her (or any of the stuff) but many people do and will pay to have access to it. Just one more reason it will grow.

Exclusive content is the way to grow Satellite Radio. If you only wanted music you could buy an iPod and download podcasts for radio. Karmazin knows what he is doing, just as he did at Infinity and Viacom.
Jenkins
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers