Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kim Update

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kim Update

Postby Leiter Fan » Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:20 pm

Has anyone heard anything on Kim's latest status on moving to the closer spot? He's not looking too overpowering as a starter so far.
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdh » Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:51 pm

You'll have to wait to see whether the Red Sox acquire a starter or a closer. If they get a closer like Urbina or Benitez, he stays in the rotation, if they get a starter, he closes. I don't think he's been that bad as a starter. Today he allowed 3 hits and 2 runs. If he got any run support at all, that would be a win.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Jury » Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:44 pm

In my opinion the classic solid outing is:

7 IP, 2 ER, 1.00 WHIP, K's as a bonus. This classic outing yields a classic 2.57 ERA, so I round it off and in my opinion any pitcher with a sub-3.00 ERA is a solid, quality pitcher.

7 innings of 2 run ball, that seems so much like a classic solid outing to me since it gives the team a very good chance to win, yet doesn't qualify as a spectacular outing such as 8 IP with 1 ER and 8 K.

Now that you know my opinion of a solid outing, BK didn't QUITE meet 7 and 2 criteria but his ERA for the game was 3.00, which counts as pretty good in my books. Good job BK. Bad job Red Sox offence and bullpen.
The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:36 am

Kim did pitch well today. Helps to keep him in the rotation. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1)

Postby Siege1386 » Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:06 am

Id rather see him go to the bullpen. I like it there for playoff games! It is more exciting as a Yanks fan!
Help me out by making a [url=http://www.fsworld.net/modules/donations/]Donation[/url] or [url=http://www.fsworld.net/register.php]Registering[/url] for my website

Siege1386
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby Madison » Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:08 am

Don't tell anyone, but I have Lyon as a closer in one of my leagues. He's 8/8 in save opportunities, but if Kim goes to the bullpen, then I'm out a closer. So, I really want Kim to do well as a starter, so the don't put him in the pen. Remember though, don't tell anyone!

GO KIM! YOU ARE THE MAN!!! :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers