1. Why the White Sux (not a mistake) won't win next year.
2. The Sox got lucky last year.
3. Now they got rid of Rowand to get a washed up player.
4. Then, they get that pitcher,giving up a top prospect and a lot more for him.
5. They screwed themselves out of the chance of winning next year.
1. Thanks for pointing out that "white sux" was not a mistake. I'm sure there were alot of confused White Sox fans until you cleared that up...
2. Every champion needs its share of luck. But since this originated from a Cubs fan, i guess that might be news to you...
3. Rowand is just a so-so big leaguer. No real loss there. And as for Thome being washed up...well...obviously that's ridiculous.
4. Vasquez is a fine bottom of the order guy...how have the Cubs bottom of the order guys been this year. For that matter, have the Cubs had any pitcher better than Vasquez, aside from Zambrano? Hendry should have been the one going for a guy like Vasquez, but he was too caught up with Prior and Wood...again...
5. Yeah, those moves really screwed them this year. They're way out of contention...i mean, the last time i checked, they were like 20 odd games below .500...at least, one of the teams in Chicago is.
Next year, Cubs fan, next year.