Facts to consider:
1. Vazquez hasn't shown that he can pitch well outside of MTL. I gave him a pass in 04 but he was pretty bad again in 05
2. He gives up a lot of homers. US Cellular Field is the worst place for this: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/par ... eason=2005
3. Vazquez has been overworked in his young career
4. Moving to AL will most definitely hurt his numbers overall
5. He makes a lot of money and will be blocking McCarthy
He is young and talented enough that there is a chance that he returns to his MTL form but given the above factors, I doubt it.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin