(1) Alex Rodriguez: he does it all and is still only 30 y.o.
(2) Miguel Cabrera: Oh, how I wanted to put him down lower due to the depleted FLA lineup, but I couldn't. He's THAT good. And he won't even touch 23 y.o until Spring Training.
(3) David Wright: Is it a stretch placing him this high? 2 years ago most people (myself included) didn't even have him on radar. Now, he's making a case for a bona fide Top 3 3B man. Turns 23 (5) days before Christmas btw.
(4) Eric Chavez: 28 year old slugger had a down year (by his standards). I won't be overlooking him.
(5) Aramis Ramirez: Couldn't place him any higher I don't think. But he IS a top 5 3B man, provided he's healthy.
(6) Chone Figgins: Speed is his most valuable asset, but his BA will keep him in the upper tier.
(7) Hank Blalock: Might be a little too high, but I really sense that he is going to have a HUGE breakout year one of these years. This could be the last year rgar he ranks below Chavez, Aram and Figgins for me. Just turned 25 y.o btw.
(8) Scott Rolen: Injury risk pushes him down, but if healthy, he probably deserves to be 3 or 4 spots higher hitting in that lineup.
(9) Morgan Ensberg: I'm going to put him here as I am not completely sold on his year he had. At worst, he's an excellent sleeper pick but for some reason I'd still target just about everyone else on this list before him
(10) Troy Glaus: You only wanted 10, so I chose Glaus over chipper and Beltre. Not high on Beltre unless he goes to Coors or Philly, and Chipper is on the downside I think.
3B is a very deep position. Even knowing that Mora, Koskie, Garciaparra (3B eligible in most leagues), Lowell, Cantu and boone are very serviceable (when healthy), though Lowell will be interesting to see where some people place him next spring. Nomar doesn't make my list only because most of his value to me is at SS (no one will draft him as a 3B man unless they HAVE to), and plus hes quite the injury risk. Let's also not forget McPhereson and Encarnacion will be starting next year, and Marte may not be far off.