ESPN's '06 Projections on Beckett on Boston

Sleepers, updates, strategy, advice ... if it doesn't fit one of the more specialized categories, it goes right here! (Note: Please do NOT post trade, keeper or 'rate my team' questions - they have separate forums.)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

BronXBombers51
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No
Roster Information: [quote]12 Teams - 6x6 (Normal plus OPS & Losses) - Rotisserie - 4 to 8 keepers per year

*denotes keeper

C- Brian McCann
1B- Billy Butler
2B- Omar Infante
3B- Miguel Cabrera*
SS- Troy Tulowitzki*
OF- Andrew McCutchen*
OF- Nelson Cruz
OF- Carl Crawford
Utl- Pablo Sandoval*
Utl- Norichika Aoki

B- Nick Markakis, Kendrys Morales, Denard Span, Neil Walker, Evan Gattis

DL- Ian Kinsler*

SP- Felix Hernandez*, Yu Darvish*, Yovani Gallardo*, Jonathon Niese, Marco Estrada

RP- Addison Reed, Casey Janssen, Edward Mujica, David Robertson, Luke Gregerson

DL- Alexi Ogando
[/quote]

Post by BronXBombers51 »

kentx12 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
mikhayl wrote:I must say, I'm a little proud of myself for being this big of a stat-nerd. As a Beckett owner last season, I recognized those right away.

Those are his stats from the 2005 season ;-D

:-?

My projection

14-10 150k 70bb 4.18 ERA

I think you hit the era about right but I believe he will get a few more wins.

That's assuming he stays healthy. He hasn't thus far.

I agree with TheYanks04 as far as the Red Sox in 2006 go. Ortiz seems very sure that Manny is gone, and I don't think Damon is going to stay either. Their lineup shrivels to Ortiz and a few mediocre hitters like V-Tek around him. The pitching (starting or bullpen) is no prize package either.

Granted, the Yankees aren't a finely tuned machine themselves, but at this point, I think they are in better shape than Boston.
wrveres
T-Ball Trainer

Post by wrveres »

mikhayl wrote:I must say, I'm a little proud of myself for being this big of a stat-nerd. As a Beckett owner last season, I recognized those right away.

great call ;-D
thedude
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: "This year I'm told that the team did well because one pitcher had a fine curve ball. I understand that a curve ball is thrown with a deliberate attempt to deceive. Surely that is not an ability we should want to foster at Harvard."Charles Eliot
"Professional athletes should not be role models. Hell, I know drug dealers who can dunk. Can drug dealers be role models?"-Charles Barkley

"Heroes and cowards feel exactly the same fear. Heroes just react to it differently."

"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.

Post by thedude »

wrveres wrote:

great call ;-D

Yeah i caught that aswell. The projections in his profile are simply what he is the numbers he is on pace for in the current season. Since the season is over his projection=his season stats.
Half Massed
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Half Massed »

So basically these aren't predictions for anything, ESPN just told us what he did last year and changed a 5 to a 6? :-?

Return to “Baseball Leftovers”