An Iconic Fantasy Baseball Community
Moderator: Baseball Moderators
acsguitar wrote:My Speciality!! Give me a second i'll find you some ski's.
I've bought all my ski's online.. Its the way to go.
I bought a pair off Ebay which I just sold on Ebay for a profit
I bought a pair from the Barking Bear forums Gear Swap
http://forums.epicski.com/forumdisplay. ... 12c5b&f=10
And I bought a pair from the Teton Gravity Forums Gear Swap..
Both pairs of ski's with bindings cost me a total of 350 bucks!
First pair was a K2 Public Enemy Twin Tip and the Second was a K2 Seth Pistol Twin Tip
Ok Some questions for you though:
1. 1-10 Scale how good are you. Think of this as how aggressive are you as well. Hard to say. I'm no pro, that's for sure. This is my third yearly ski trip, this time it is for a week, the last 2 times it was only for 3 days. I'd say right now I'm about a 5, but I get more agressive each time out.
2. Where are you sking? I'm skiing in Vermont. Killington, Mt. Snow, Stratton, Okemo.
3. Do you like skiing bumps, trees, powder, Groomers? No moguls for me, yet. We are going to try and do some forest skiing (trees and the like, but I'm not overly concerned with getting something special for that - it will likely be a one time thing. Powder - might go to Magic Mountain in VT, which touts the fact that they rarely groom their trails. But for the most part, it's going to be groomed.
4. Do you stick to blacks blues greens? Double Blacks? Back Country Last year it was 90% blues, but I started doing blacks. No double blacks yet, but this year I will undoubatedly see more blacks. So it would be fair to say 70/30 blue to black ratio, but with a fair amount of black runs.
5. Do you go in the park at all No? Not sure I understand the question.
6. Whats your price range. I'm looking to go relatively cheap. I don't know how realistic my price range is, but I suppose I will find out. My gf is an avid skier, but has always rented so she really isn't proving to be too helpful here. So...maybe 300 bucks for the whole package? Again I don't know how realistic that is. I could go a little higher if that's necessary, but I'd like to stay around there for Skis/bindings/polls,boots.
7. How tall are you and how much do you weigh? This is really importnat. I'm a big guy...I'm 6'0" 215lbs
Give me some honest answers and I can find you some awesome ski's for your level for super cheap.
or if you are skiing in colorado I can probably hook some demo's up free
pokerplaya wrote:Nice. Thanks for the tips. Are those skis that you linked me to new? How much do you thik it would cost to get everything else I need...bindngs/boots/polls...etc.
acsguitar wrote:pokerplaya wrote:Nice. Thanks for the tips. Are those skis that you linked me to new? How much do you thik it would cost to get everything else I need...bindngs/boots/polls...etc.
Hmmm boots 40-100
Poles you can get for like 5 bucks
Bindings like 25 bucks used...It matters... My cousing runs a bunch of rental shops around here. I'll see if I can find some cheap bindings/ski's for ya.
Let me do a little more research for ya.
Those ski's are new.
Used ski's are sweet though
pokerplaya wrote:I like those Salomon 1080's....might be the pair I target...question...I'm new at this, so I'm not totally up on all the terminology...
When it says DIN range 4-10, what does that mean?
Also...anyone else with any suggestions, feel free to chime in.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests