Return to General Talk

Computer Startup Sound

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby JTWood » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:15 am

Tavish wrote:
JTWood wrote:If you still don't get it, I embedded the link in the smiley in all of my posts. Here's the link:

http://www.prangstgrup.com/startupsound/


I think people are getting that, its just the video isn't all that funny. :-D

Well, I guess I can't help that people don't have a sense of humor. The idea of a ridiculously loud startup song in a library is pretty funny to me. It's even funnier because the girl next to him had just opened up a PC with the short and quiet Windows startup song. It was kind of like: Look how big and bad my Mac is.
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Postby logan » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:18 am

i've seen the video before i just missed tha fact that it was embedded in the smilley. i really don't mouse over them all that often. as for the video i'll give it a mid grade humor level. not as funny as the yes man though.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2810
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: newark,delaware

Postby Madison » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:37 am

Yawn!


Hehehe. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53854
(Past Year: -1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby slomo007 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:41 am

I didn't see the link. I thought it had to do with the "click" sound of me wasting my time clicking on the thread title. When I startup my computer (press the power button) I simply hear a click...followed by a beep.

What did you mean by put face near mouse or whatever...I thought you implied that we should listen to our mouse.

What a strange thread indeed.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:27 pm

go_jays_go wrote:I don't get it :-o

Probably funnier if you own a laptop.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 10983
Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bleachers at Wrigley Field

Postby Coppermine » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:31 pm

slomo007 wrote:I didn't see the link. I thought it had to do with the "click" sound of me wasting my time clicking on the thread title. When I startup my computer (press the power button) I simply hear a click...followed by a beep.

What did you mean by put face near mouse or whatever...I thought you implied that we should listen to our mouse.

What a strange thread indeed.


That's actually funnier than the video itself... just teasing slomo.

I initially thought someone was having problem with their POST. I can get into the POST sound, but that would be dorky.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:19 pm

Coppermine wrote:
slomo007 wrote:I didn't see the link. I thought it had to do with the "click" sound of me wasting my time clicking on the thread title. When I startup my computer (press the power button) I simply hear a click...followed by a beep.

What did you mean by put face near mouse or whatever...I thought you implied that we should listen to our mouse.

What a strange thread indeed.


That's actually funnier than the video itself... just teasing slomo.

Yeah, I was just being stupid when I decided to hyperlink the smiley, but then nobody was getting it, and I started thinking that was pretty funny, too.

Sorry if you guys didn't like the video, but that sort of humor is right up my alley. I like videos where people play jokes on unsuspecting people, but I can't stand the ones where they are crude or offensive, like the Jerky Boys. I like jokes where nobody gets hurt or embarrassed, but at the same time, doesn't realize that a joke is even being perpetrated.

I think there is some level of skill required to maintain that balance of humor and civility, and I greatly appreciate it.

Anyways, sorry if I confused everyone.

:-b
Image
Want an easy icon?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=133
All you have to do is beat a few guys at picking Sunday's winners.[/url]
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby acsguitar » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:05 pm

mac's is dumb
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby baseball6791 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:33 am

Tavish wrote:
JTWood wrote:If you still don't get it, I embedded the link in the smiley in all of my posts. Here's the link:

http://www.prangstgrup.com/startupsound/


I think people are getting that, its just the video isn't all that funny. :-D


Exactly :-b

It wasn't that bad though ;-)
http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/
My DeviantArt
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4368
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Half Massed » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:49 am

I give that a... pretty funny. Now that I figured it out of course. !+)
Image
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4084
Joined: 27 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Busting ghosts

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lenajes, Quentinbope and 2 guests