Return to Baseball Leftovers

You'll never guess who wants to be traded again...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bceagles04 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:37 pm

j24jags wrote:
Surfs up wrote:Manny is far from being a gangster. In an age where players are buying big houses and fancy cars Manny lives a very modest lifestyle. He gives alot of his money away to family and charities.I am not aRed Sox fan but being in New England its hard not to read and hear all the stuff about manny and the Sox. Looks like he will be moved this year. The Red Sox will be toast on Friday or Saturday at the latest and the $%## will hit the fan. I agree . Bad timing talking about wanting out during the playoffs. But there may be something going on on the inside that we don't know about. Maybe Theo being Theo.

that was a joke, u didnt hear wat he said at a press conference this year? he called himself a gangster

ha i never knew that...who would we got for him? I am guessing maybe a trade to the Mets (somewhat like the AS Break) cause the Yanks are a non suitor obviousely....any other potential buyers?
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:40 pm

If Manny goes anywhere, it'll be the Mets in my opinion. This story is also blown up on the homepage of BostonDirtDogs.com. Here's the official story from Rosenthal: http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/4966 ... 162&ATT=58

Ken Rosenthal / FOXSports.com
Posted: 5 hours ago

Red Sox left fielder Manny Ramirez is seeking a new agent, possibly with the intent of orchestrating a trade out of Boston, FOXSports.com has learned.

Ramirez, represented by Greg Genske, already is contacting other agents, according to industry sources. He is expected to accelerate the process once the Red Sox's season is over.

The front-runners to represent Ramirez are expected to be Scott Boras, who helped arrange outfielder Gary Sheffield's trade from the Dodgers to the Braves after the 2001 season, and SFX, the firm that represents Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz.

Ramirez, 33, will gain full no-trade protection at the end of the season as a player with 10 years of major-league service, five with the same club. That protection effectively would give him the right to choose his next team.

The Red Sox tried to trade Ramirez to the Mets at the July 31 non-waiver deadline. They are expected to resume their efforts this off-season, and a quick elimination from the playoffs could give them further impetus to make dramatic changes. The Red Sox trail the White Sox two games to none in the best-of-five division series.

Ramirez is guaranteed a total of $57 million over the next three seasons, and his contract includes $20 million club options for both 2009 and 2010. His new agent would not receive commission on his current deal, but would be in position to negotiate Ramirez's next contract.

Ramirez would be a free agent at 36 if his team declined to keep him past '08 and at 38 if his team exercised both his options.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -297)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:42 pm

As a Yank fan, I love the idea of the Sox losing Manny. It is true that they could use that money on alot of pieces, but no one piece can replace Manny Ramirez. There are no better hitters in the league than Manny Ramirez. It hurts their lineup, including Ortiz, tremendously.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -297)

Postby bceagles04 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:43 pm

that is very interesting, that changes it to about 90/10 trade/stay.

I am very concerned on how Ortiz will react, hopefully he will take it in stride...this will be a big blow no doubt...Manny is a HoFer and a lock .300 40 130 lock every year
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bceagles04 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:45 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:As a Yank fan, I love the idea of the Sox losing Manny. It is true that they could use that money on alot of pieces, but no one piece can replace Manny Ramirez. There are no better hitters in the league than Manny Ramirez. It hurts their lineup, including Ortiz, tremendously.

thats the part that concerns me...we need to bring in another slugger, hopefully a fast OFer with a rope to play right, and move Nixon to left maybe?

I think our lineup is going to be TOTALLY different. Lets see Graffanino gone, manny gone, damon, maybe gone, mueller, probably gone, millar, 100% toast...that is 5 positions that could be different...sad, but I am excited at who will replace them!
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:56 pm

Ramirez can only play outfield in one ballpark - Fenway. Otherwise all he is good for is a DH. Any national league team that wants him need to think long and hard about having him cutting off throws from centre field.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -227)

Postby Surfs up » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:40 am

Hey bceagles04 I know you are a Sox fan but i wouldn't be to excited about losing all of those players. Have you looked at the FA list this year ? Weak. Yes some good players but Boston may have to seattle for a lesser player at more money to compete with the other teams that are also looking. I think they resign Damon and Mueller. Graffanino wouldn't be a bad resign either. He has done well and he is very steady when he plays. Except of course the other night. But that happens to all of them.
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 711)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers