Return to General Talk

LOST!

Postby Laean » Tue May 30, 2006 4:57 am

those that keep saying desmond can't be dead cuz his story hasn't been resolved yet, libby died and we still don't know why she was in the mental hospital.

however, i don't think he died either. i'm just saying it's possible that he did. better yet, i think maybe libby will come back too. they were talking about ressurection and all that before, and who knows what can happen on that island.

i'm glad walt and michael are gone. i mean ok you're his dad i got it, but man just how many times are you going to play the sympathy card to be an irrational/selfish lunatic that leaves your friends vulnerable?

sayid is my favorite character, and i like him more and more as the show goes on.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue May 30, 2006 7:01 am

Laean wrote:i'm glad walt and michael are gone. i mean ok you're his dad i got it, but man just how many times are you going to play the sympathy card to be an irrational/selfish lunatic that leaves your friends vulnerable?

Well one argument should be made about why should he worry about them? He's not their friends. He didn't know them until they were stranded on an island. He's been forced to survive with them for a few months, but he doesn't really know them. I'd be more worried about my own son too.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Postby WharfRat » Tue May 30, 2006 7:20 am

teddy ballgame wrote:
Laean wrote:i'm glad walt and michael are gone. i mean ok you're his dad i got it, but man just how many times are you going to play the sympathy card to be an irrational/selfish lunatic that leaves your friends vulnerable?

Well one argument should be made about why should he worry about them? He's not their friends. He didn't know them until they were stranded on an island. He's been forced to survive with them for a few months, but he doesn't really know them. I'd be more worried about my own son too.

I hope they're at least around long enough to explain why Walt had birds flying into windows because of him (in the flashback), and what Walt's role was in that polar bear last season. That's been bugging me more than anything else, pretty much.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -178)

Postby Laean » Tue May 30, 2006 11:25 am

teddy ballgame wrote:

jin is his friend. i'd venture that sawyer is too after their raft experience.

i suppose the others are just "neighbors" though.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Met_Threat » Tue May 30, 2006 12:33 pm

Laean wrote:those that keep saying desmond can't be dead cuz his story hasn't been resolved yet, libby died and we still don't know why she was in the mental hospital.

however, i don't think he died either. i'm just saying it's possible that he did. better yet, i think maybe libby will come back too. they were talking about ressurection and all that before, and who knows what can happen on that island.

i'm glad walt and michael are gone. i mean ok you're his dad i got it, but man just how many times are you going to play the sympathy card to be an irrational/selfish lunatic that leaves your friends vulnerable?

sayid is my favorite character, and i like him more and more as the show goes on.

I think libby's story will be resolved through flashbacks. I can't buy the idea of ressurection on the island, i mean its just getting a little too stupid for me right there. But with Desmond, he is "LOST". Libby had no real story going for her other than she liked Hurley... Obviously with the ending and Penelope trying to find Desmond she can't just find the island and they're like "uhh ya desmonds dead" and shes like "o ok cya" I think that Desmond, Locke and Eko will all be alive but something will happen to them. Locke and his abilities of his legs, Charlie seemed like something was happening to his ears, i dont know, guess well just have to wait.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -20)

Postby Laean » Tue May 30, 2006 2:11 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:
Laean wrote:those that keep saying desmond can't be dead cuz his story hasn't been resolved yet, libby died and we still don't know why she was in the mental hospital.

I think libby's story will be resolved through flashbacks. I can't buy the idea of ressurection on the island, i mean its just getting a little too stupid for me right there. But with Desmond, he is "LOST". Libby had no real story going for her other than she liked Hurley... Obviously with the ending and Penelope trying to find Desmond she can't just find the island and they're like "uhh ya desmonds dead" and shes like "o ok cya" I think that Desmond, Locke and Eko will all be alive but something will happen to them. Locke and his abilities of his legs, Charlie seemed like something was happening to his ears, i dont know, guess well just have to wait.

i think libby's story will most likely be resolved in that way too. i disagree with you that ressurection can't happen. it seems like they specifically hinted at it. and hey, the writers of LOST put in stupid stuff before.

i don't get why desmond is LOST. he's one of the more intruiging characters, sure, but he's not more critical than jack, locke, sawyer, even jin, kate, or whoever.

i think it'd still work even if desmond is dead, as long as penelope becomes a recurring character and we see desmond in her flashbacks. it'd make things more tragic and have stronger emotional impact in a way. i mean just look at whenever libby comes on the screen. we're all paying extra attention to find out what her deal was.

like i said, i don't think desmond or eko or locke died either. just saying desmond is no more critical/special to LOST than most of the other characters, and has no more protection than them in being written off as dead.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby josebach » Tue May 30, 2006 2:15 pm

Pacman wrote:Just talking about Lost with a buddy, and a theory entered my brain.

Regarding the four-toed statue, in the future, mankind is expected to lose body parts it no longer needs, among them the baby toe, tonsils, appendix, etc...

That toe was necessary for early man, as there were no shoes, and I guess a lot of tree climbing. But by now, it isn't necessary, and if mankind survives another few thousand years, babies will be born with less- and less-developed little toes until finally they'll only have four toes.

Is it possible that the statue reflects a civilization in the very distant FUTURE??? Who knows... Just something to ponder.

Here's a pic, by the way B-)

Actually, this could fit with what I think might be going on. There has to be an explanation for how all of the island survivors keep showing up in everybody's back story. I was thinking that maybe this show is taking place way far in the future and that the back stories are all memory implants. It would of course be easier to have everybody's back story be intertwined, wouldn't it? Nobody has really been healed by the island because their sicknesses were all fake and part of the memory implant. Maybe everybody on the island is actually a clone created by ancient human DNA? This could also explain the black cloud that looked like nano robots.

Interesting.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Met_Threat » Tue May 30, 2006 2:37 pm

Laean wrote:
i think libby's story will most likely be resolved in that way too. i disagree with you that ressurection can't happen. it seems like they specifically hinted at it. and hey, the writers of LOST put in stupid stuff before.

i don't get why desmond is LOST. he's one of the more intruiging characters, sure, but he's not more critical than jack, locke, sawyer, even jin, kate, or whoever.

i think it'd still work even if desmond is dead, as long as penelope becomes a recurring character and we see desmond in her flashbacks. it'd make things more tragic and have stronger emotional impact in a way. i mean just look at whenever libby comes on the screen. we're all paying extra attention to find out what her deal was.

like i said, i don't think desmond or eko or locke died either. just saying desmond is no more critical/special to LOST than most of the other characters, and has no more protection than them in being written off as dead.

Desmond is LOST for the 3rd season. A lot of the 3rd season will be about the outside world trying to find the island, i.e Penny trying to find Desmond. So yes Desmond is very critical to the story. What i dont understand is how all the survivors are critical. They make the island interesting and everything and are needed for show entertainment and of course if they all died the show would end lol. But Desmond has been on the island much longer than them, probably knows a lot more about the island, the others, the "sickness" etc. There is still more to Desmonds back story and hes just as critical as all those other guys you mentioned.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue May 30, 2006 3:12 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:Charlie seemed like something was happening to his ears, i dont know, guess well just have to wait.

Yeah, he almost went deaf after dynamite blew up right next to him. It didn't have to do with the hatch itself I don't think.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Postby The_Met_Threat » Tue May 30, 2006 3:20 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:Charlie seemed like something was happening to his ears, i dont know, guess well just have to wait.

Yeah, he almost went deaf after dynamite blew up right next to him. It didn't have to do with the hatch itself I don't think.

O that was because of the dynamite? :-? The dynamite happened about halfway through the episode and it looked like Eko and Charlie's hearing were fine. Im talking about after the electromagnetic pulse, and he came out on the beach saying something about his ears.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk