Return to General Talk

LOST!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:10 pm

Need more details about your setup. Need to know make/model of the video card or DVD decoder card, same with the sound card or whatever you're using to output the audio signal, and the TV.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -120)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby free » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:47 pm

Amazinz wrote:Need more details about your setup. Need to know make/model of the video card or DVD decoder card, same with the sound card or whatever you're using to output the audio signal, and the TV.

man that could be tough, that's like a foreign language 8-o could the video be ati mobility radeon 9700? i'm not sure at all about a dvd decoder card...i just downloaded xvid, but that probably doesn't have anything to do with it :-? i you could let me know where to look i find it. thx
Member #3 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -16)

Postby Amazinz » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:20 am

OK if you're using the video-out on your ATI forget about the DVD decode card. I wasn't sure what setup it was. I use an XCard by Sigma Designs which sends the video and audio.

Using a video card the audio has to come from the sound card. A regular stereo cable should be the easiest solution although an RCA cable should work fine. What did you mean by flipping the switch?
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby free » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:09 am

Amazinz wrote:OK if you're using the video-out on your ATI forget about the DVD decode card. I wasn't sure what setup it was. I use an XCard by Sigma Designs which sends the video and audio.

Using a video card the audio has to come from the sound card. A regular stereo cable should be the easiest solution although an RCA cable should work fine. What did you mean by flipping the switch?

i guess i just figured it would work with the s vid cable and an audio cable w/ the red/white. the switch i meant was just the f5 which supposedly switches the sceen to an external monitor :-?
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby free » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:52 am

wow, just caught up i believe....was ep 15 the last one aired :-? does anyone know when the next new episode is and if so how can you tell besides "next week on LOST"?
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:07 am

Next episode (S2 Ep 16) airs this Wed. TV.com has complete episode lists as well as the air dates for the next couple of shows.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby stevethumb » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:19 am

the series must be running out of steam...there was a new episode tonight and no commentary from the cafe :-?
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -84)

Postby ThatDude » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:12 am

I just got done watching it on tivo, and all I can say is that I want those 40-someting minutes of my life back.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -10)

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:38 am

ThatDude wrote:I just got done watching it on tivo, and all I can say is that I want those 40-someting minutes of my life back.

:-? I thought it was a good episode.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Postby Minor League Skilz » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:47 am

I missed the first 20 minutes because I thought it was another repeat. What I saw seemed OK, but the best part of the show was the preview for next week.
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -72)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk