Return to General Talk

LOST!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bceagles04 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:10 am

slomo007 wrote:I felt kind of bad for Charlie, but, can't say that much of it wasn't brought on my himself. Regardless, I thought it was a below average episode.

I am actually getting kind of tired of Locke, thinking he's a badass. Sawyer, Sayid, and Ecko would all kick his arse. !+)

Ya I felt kinda bad for him too...the way his bro just leaves...

Then he is trying to help Claire, it is obvious he wants to make up with her...but he cant. Kinda sad.

But regardless, he is a hinderence to the well being of the rest of the group. THat fire was way out of line

EDIT: ANd what is the deal with that band???
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:31 am

I think the purpose of the episode was to set up Locke and Eko as opposing forces. Charlie was just the common ground. Charlie's backstory was good. The episode was a little awkward at times but overall it worked for me.

Also, not trying to be funny but I do not believe Locked thinks he's a bad-ass. He knows. He's one of two characters that have looked into the "soul" of the "beast" and then have become completely sure of their purpose.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -120)

Postby nikku88 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:36 am

Claire and the baby always bore me. I feel bad for the actress cause she always has to carry it around and only gets screen time once in a while.
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Postby JTWood » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:57 am

Actually, of all the things on last night's show that bothered me, these three things worried me the most:

"I'm sure you've got a load to drop."
"You hittin' dat."
<Dr. chick taking off her top>

It is my experience that good shows begin to revert to sexuality when they have lost all of their originality. And come on, "you've got a load to drop?" Really? That's just crude.

:-t
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -255)

Postby Yoda » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:37 am

That was by far the worst episode of Lost.

I do not like Charlie anymore. I am also very surprised at how emotional Locke is involved with Claire and the baby.

I have to agree with most of you. The baby is very cute but I just think stealing baby thing is redundant.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:14 pm

Last night's episode sucked. Charlies backstory was OK but stuff on the island didn't seem to fit. Hopefully it was setting up something good.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -946)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:20 pm

Very disappointed with last night, despite Charlie's flashbacks being the only ones I could actually stand of his, so far. The parts on the island were a bunch of crap, Locke seemed entirely out of character, not only was there no action, but there didn't appear to be a ton of table setting either (unless I missed a lot). I dunno, a big :-t for last night, unless it ends up setting the table for something huge.

Now, a question: Why would Locke keep the statues and not just dispose of them? Because he's "a man of faith"?? Do you think there's another reason, or only so Charlie can find them in Season 3 and we can have another stupid episode about him reaching the brink of hitting the H-Bomb again??
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:24 pm

I think he is keeping the statues as leverage against Charlie. I see no other reason to keep them.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -946)

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:06 pm

I agree. Also, I don't think Locke was out of character. IMO Locke is not one of the good guys on the island although he often acts like it because it serves his purposes.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -120)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk