Return to General Talk

LOST!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby daullaz » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:08 am

Oh, and how interesting would it be if Jack's wife left him for Sun's date that was going to meet a woman in America?
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -627)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WharfRat » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:39 am

Red Stripe wrote:
AEMRICH wrote:long time watcher first time LOST poster. i love this show perhaps one of my favorite of all time. the thing i don't like though is that you have a comercial every four mintues and the commercial goes for five minutes. but this episode was good. who do you guys think jacks wife was seeing???? i was wondering if it was his father but i thought that might be to low.

Hurley

:-D

daullaz wrote:I did notice the Alex reference too. Did you notice when Sawyer called the creepo "Zeke" and "Zeke" gave him a look? What does Sawyer know that we don't?

Did they say Zeke's name on the boat when they were still on the raft? I can't remember. I also thought it might have just been a nickname Sawyer came up with - the guy look's like a Zeke or a Jeb or something redneck-ish. But I did catch the Alex reference and almost fell off my chair. Alex would be 16 now, if it really was the French woman's kid who was stolen at birth by the Others. (and I don't think the writers would have just dropped in a name that had that much significance). Awesome, awesome, awesome. ;-D

(and good call on Eko. ;-D )

Jack's backstory was good. Since he's one of the original survivors, I don't feel like I need their backstories to be all big and exciting. I thought it was pretty moving when he split with his wife.

And next week's show looks awesome again. What's that all about when the baby is floating out on the ocean? :-o :-o Looks like the Others are trying to get Claire's baby the way they got the French woman's, hopefully Charlie will get to play hero, I've been feeling bad for him.

Last thought: how cool was that scene where Zeke goes "Light em up!" and all the torches light up? I got the chills. These people are like ghosts.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -178)

Postby JTWood » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:56 am

I completely missed the Alex reference. Great catch, guys!

;-D

WharfRat wrote:Last thought: how cool was that scene where Zeke goes "Light em up!" and all the torches light up? I got the chills. These people are like ghosts.

I thought that was cool, too, but I couldn't help thinking that if they set it up properly, they didn't really need 8 or 10 people to do that. I mean, the torches never really moved after they were lit, so maybe there really was only one or two people out there.

I don't know... I'm just rambling now. I just can't wait for next Wednesday.

X-I

Oh yeah, and that guys' daughter was pretty hot, wasn't she?
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -255)

Postby stevethumb » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:57 am

i think the others are some kind of descendants of that ship that was found high and dry in the jungle...kind of a take off on Pitcairn's Island settled by the mutiny on the bounty crew...they are somewhat like pirates anyway and they need the young 'uns to re-populate their society
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -84)

Postby WharfRat » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:39 am

stevethumb wrote:i think the others are some kind of descendants of that ship that was found high and dry in the jungle...kind of a take off on Pitcairn's Island settled by the mutiny on the bounty crew...they are somewhat like pirates anyway and they need the young 'uns to re-populate their society

Interesting theory, but then why do they have American accents?
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -178)

Postby Red Stripe » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:54 pm

stevethumb wrote:i think the others are some kind of descendants of that ship that was found high and dry in the jungle...kind of a take off on Pitcairn's Island settled by the mutiny on the bounty crew...they are somewhat like pirates anyway and they need the young 'uns to re-populate their society

Interesting, but I think they took Walt for something else instead of him being a young boy.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -317)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:57 pm

Jack should have went all the way with the hot Italian chick, since his wife just dumped him an hour later. Now he has neither. Idiot.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -16)

Postby JTWood » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:10 am

Awesome catch. And that date's my brother's b-day.

:-]
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -255)

Postby Amazinz » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:55 am

They are talking about this at the Fuselage also and apparently it is an error since the hospital is in Hawaii near the shoot location. There is also a St. Francis in LA where Jack worked but the CT scans are of a 105-year old female and the patient in question was clearly a man much younger than 105.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -120)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk