Return to General Talk

LOST!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: LOST!

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue May 25, 2010 8:15 pm

The theory page for The End is absolutely immense.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jfg » Tue May 25, 2010 8:36 pm

rookies and cream wrote:Nice post here...

http://forum.lostpedia.com/showpost.php ... ostcount=1

That's a solid writeup and I feel better about the show after reading it. Sometimes you have a grasp of something but not a firm hold and that synopsis really brings everything together. It's like Mulholland Drive where you kind of get what's going on and the intent but you need somebody to talk it through with you to get the full story.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -127)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Tue May 25, 2010 9:08 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:The theory page for The End is absolutely immense.

A lot of it is friggin' stupid.

(I think the 4 finger symbolism refers to The Simpsons, in one of their episodes they said that in the future, a millon years, there will be humans with 5 fingers, so the island is very very ancient)
Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -52)

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue May 25, 2010 9:10 pm

That was an excellent read and really just makes me love this show even more. One problem is where he said they never changed the church ending. Juliet was not conceived in Season 1, so that's not a reason to not include Ben, and it's not true that they didn't change it if it really was created back in Season 1. But if that really was J.J.'s ending (with minor changes), then I'm that much more impressed. I figured they meant that they always knew the final frames would be Jack's eye closing as he died, but if the church scene was a part of what they originally conceived then I would be simply amazed. Christian not being in the coffin on the island might have been a hint/evidence that they did have that planned. At this point I'm still very skeptical of whether that part was planned, but hopefully someone with higher authority will comment on that in the future.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Postby rookies and cream » Tue May 25, 2010 9:18 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:

That was an excellent read and really just makes me love this show even more. One problem is where he said they never changed the church ending. Juliet was not conceived in Season 1, so that's not a reason to not include Ben, and it's not true that they didn't change it if it really was created back in Season 1. But if that really was J.J.'s ending (with minor changes), then I'm that much more impressed. I figured they meant that they always knew the final frames would be Jack's eye closing as he died, but if the church scene was a part of what they originally conceived then I would be simply amazed. Christian not being in the coffin on the island might have been a hint/evidence that they did have that planned. At this point I'm still very skeptical of whether that part was planned, but hopefully someone with higher authority will comment on that in the future.

Yeah. Desmond and Penny weren't in season 1 either, though I guess it's possible that the writer's had conceived them around that time.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -160)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue May 25, 2010 9:24 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:

i thought i read somewhere that they had planned to kill off jack pretty early in the show but didn't because of his popularity with test audiences or something.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -57)

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue May 25, 2010 9:25 pm

rookies and cream wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

Yeah. Desmond and Penny weren't in season 1 either, though I guess it's possible that the writer's had conceived them around that time.

Yeah, I originally wrote Desmond and Penny, but then I realized Juliet was there too and she was another season after Des and Penny so she was an even better example. Libby is another one who wasn't conceived in Season 1 but was in the church.

I'm not sure I agree with the evaluation of the DHARMA Initiative either, but everything else fits together great.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue May 25, 2010 9:28 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

i thought i read somewhere that they had planned to kill off jack pretty early in the show but didn't because of his popularity with test audiences or something.

J.J. wanted to kill Jack in the Pilot, but ABC told him no. That was before they ever even had a first draft of the Pilot completed, so it wouldn't have affected an ending they came up with after the Pilot was complete.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby StlSluggers » Tue May 25, 2010 9:57 pm

jfg wrote:

That's a solid writeup and I feel better about the show after reading it. Sometimes you have a grasp of something but not a firm hold and that synopsis really brings everything together. It's like Mulholland Drive where you kind of get what's going on and the intent but you need somebody to talk it through with you to get the full story.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1936291
Want an easy icon?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=133
All you have to do is beat a few guys at picking Sunday's winners.[/url]
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -302)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk