Return to General Talk

LOST!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: LOST!

Postby thedude » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:54 pm

JTWood wrote:
jazzmanljg wrote:First, the person they were suppose to be "helping find" the island has to be Desmond, right? That guy can't get back on the show soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

The name Wallace was written by the number 108.

I don't know that there really was any person at all. It could have just been more manipulation by Jacob of Jack to see what was shown in the mirrors. By making Jack see the his childhood home in the mirror, Jacob manipulated Jack into reflecting back upon everything.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -397)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:13 pm

thedude wrote:
JTWood wrote:
jazzmanljg wrote:First, the person they were suppose to be "helping find" the island has to be Desmond, right? That guy can't get back on the show soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

The name Wallace was written by the number 108.

I don't know that there really was any person at all. It could have just been more manipulation by Jacob of Jack to see what was shown in the mirrors. By making Jack see the his childhood home in the mirror, Jacob manipulated Jack into reflecting back upon everything.

I was hoping 108 would be a familiar name since it's the sum of 'the numbers'.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:50 pm

If I've never watched a single episode of LOST, would I be happier just pretending it never existed or should I dive in and watch every episode?
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -50)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:00 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:If I've never watched a single episode of LOST, would I be happier just pretending it never existed or should I dive in and watch every episode?

The latter.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby stevethumb » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:32 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:If I've never watched a single episode of LOST, would I be happier just pretending it never existed or should I dive in and watch every episode?

The latter.

i have watched from the start and the writers admittedly got 'lost' themselves in the middle of the series (when kate and sawyer were in the cages)but when an end date was established the plots picked up momentum..however it is such a quagmire of loose ends and red herrings that i dont believe anybody wwill be satisfied w/the conclusion..
claire going all rambo is very weak and the 'flash sideways' is a lame device...
too many new characters and settings and coincidental meetings in the jungle that force me to be like sawyer when he says "i just don't care anymore"

save yourself the time and stay away .. you will not be satisfied
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -84)

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:37 am

stevethumb wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

The latter.

i have watched from the start and the writers admittedly got 'lost' themselves in the middle of the series (when kate and sawyer were in the cages)but when an end date was established the plots picked up momentum..however it is such a quagmire of loose ends and red herrings that i dont believe anybody wwill be satisfied w/the conclusion..
claire going all rambo is very weak and the 'flash sideways' is a lame device...
too many new characters and settings and coincidental meetings in the jungle that force me to be like sawyer when he says "i just don't care anymore"

save yourself the time and stay away .. you will not be satisfied

Or you could disregard this post and keep yourself entertained for days catching up. B-)

I've always taken the show for what it's worth and tried not to nit pick too much. It makes for a great viewing experience that way. Definitely one of the coolest shows I've seen in a long time. Admittedly, there's a lot to digest and there are a lot of things meant to keep the viewer guessing, but I've taken the approach that the journey to the end of the show is just as entertaining (if not more so) than the payoff, whatever that might be...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -13)
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:14 pm

That's an interesting theory but going back to the first scene we saw Jacob in, it didn't look like the other guy was his son. Granted he could have just been in someone else's body then too, but even the way they spoke, I don't see it that way. Granted, anything's possible on this show.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:09 pm

That was kind of a set up episode for the next part of the story I guess. It seemed like we were on the verge of some more answers but then nothing came of it. The end was pretty awesome though.
Last edited by teddy ballgame on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk