Return to General Talk

LOST!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: LOST!

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:08 pm

Amazinz wrote:Yeah it could be symbolic, it's also downright creepy. If you knew your husband/wife was still alive, would you honor their memory at a mock grave site? However, I did say that perhaps it will make more sense when everything is revealed. If in the next episode Jin is the Lostie that dies then I do think it makes more sense. If it turns out Jin is alive then I think it is cheesy and a contrived plot device with no purpose other than to deceive.

Is it any creepier than knowingly putting the wrong date on your spouse's gravestone? And since according to the story he died in the crash, that stone would be more of a memorial since his body wouldn't be under it, so I can see why she would visit a memorial of him if she knew he was still alive but couldn't communicate with him.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:27 pm

OK. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I doubt most people would, if for no other reason than superstition. However, the fact that there are people who find it acceptable means that it's not outside the realm of believability for Sun's character. So instead I will focus on the fact that Sun is creepy rather than it being poor writing. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -120)

Postby daullaz » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:13 pm

How cool would it be if Michael actually wasn't Ben's spy on the boat and he infiltrated the boat on his own or was recruited by Abbadon as well?
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -627)

Postby Yoda » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:20 pm

daullaz wrote:How cool would it be if Michael actually wasn't Ben's spy on the boat and he infiltrated the boat on his own or was recruited by Abbadon as well?

why so that we get lost even more? No thanks.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby Amazinz » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:46 pm

daullaz wrote:How cool would it be if Michael actually wasn't Ben's spy on the boat and he infiltrated the boat on his own or was recruited by Abbadon as well?

I think it's a foregone conclusion for most that Michael (or Walt) is the spy so that would be a great twist if it was done well.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JTWood » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:11 pm

Amazinz wrote:

I think it's a foregone conclusion for most that Michael (or Walt) is the spy so that would be a great twist if it was done well.

Given the first part of what you said, Amazinz, I could actually see the second part coming true.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -255)

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:36 pm

On the preview for next week, they showed both Sawyer and Ben talking about Michael, so since we know he told Locke who it was, and they were talking about Michael, it would seem Ben told them it was Michael. Of course, Ben has a tendency to lie, but I don't see this as one of those instances.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Postby daullaz » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:32 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:On the preview for next week, they showed both Sawyer and Ben talking about Michael, so since we know he told Locke who it was, and they were talking about Michael, it would seem Ben told them it was Michael. Of course, Ben has a tendency to lie, but I don't see this as one of those instances.

Yeah, I'm 99% sure that Michael is the spy but I still want to dig for more potential twists.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -627)

Postby Amazinz » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:27 am

Meh. Not bad but as soon as it was confirmed Michael was the spy everything else fell into place. Although, the shootings were a surprise but not as climatic as I would have hoped.

The preview for the next episode said all of the Oceanic 6 have been revealed. I guess that means it's Aaron. Because as of last week it seemed like Jin was a possibility but I guess not. So he still is on the island, presumably alive.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:10 am

Anyone else think the captain already knew about Michael and Sayid just made a big mistake?
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -946)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk