Return to General Talk

LOST!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: LOST!

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:21 pm

jazzmanljg wrote:I don't think anything she said at the grave couldn't also work if he was alive but stuck on the island.

Yeah, I was thinking about that today. She kept saying she missed him, but that was all.
Want an easy icon?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=133
All you have to do is beat a few guys at picking Sunday's winners.[/url]
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -302)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:26 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:I don't know about the Year of the Dragon, but I know that Jin's phone was really old, and that he was definitely the "old Jin" when he said he was going to kill the guy who took his cab.

Yeah, both of those things sort of gave it away that it was a flashback, but I admit I was a bit confused when Jin told the nurse he was only married for 2 weeks which could've had Jin's angle perceived as a flash-forward. I'm guessing that Jin was killed post-Island by the same people Sayid is after, but I'd have to wonder if he actually counts as one of the Oceanic 6. Disappointing episode all in all.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)

Postby Amazinz » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:18 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
jazzmanljg wrote:I don't think anything she said at the grave couldn't also work if he was alive but stuck on the island.

Yeah, I was thinking about that today. She kept saying she missed him, but that was all.

If that is the case why go to the grave at all? Maybe it will make sense when everything is revealed but it seems odd that they are so involved in maintaining the facade that they travel to a grave site to pay their respects to someone they know is alive. We know the Hurley isn't all that serious about maintaining appearances, however we don't know if that is pre or post grave visit.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -120)

Postby Amazinz » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:21 pm

I just read on the Fuselage that the tombstone has the date of death on it (written in Korean). The date of death is the date of the plane crash. I think that pretty much seals the deal that Jin does not make it off the island.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jazzmanljg » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:38 pm

Amazinz wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

If that is the case why go to the grave at all? Maybe it will make sense when everything is revealed but it seems odd that they are so involved in maintaining the facade that they travel to a grave site to pay their respects to someone they know is alive. We know the Hurley isn't all that serious about maintaining appearances, however we don't know if that is pre or post grave visit.

First off going to the grave site could still be symbolic if he was alive. It seems a little more "spiritually significant" if she was wanting to tell him about their child but has no way to contact him, no way to know if she will ever see him again, or even if he is still alive. Second, this episode proved that they will show us things just for the sake of throwing us off guard. Why show us a flashback of Jin delivering a panda to a random mother? To decieve us, obviously. Why have Sun talk to Jin's tombstone if he is still alive. The answer could be the same. I'm not saying I would put money on it, but I think it's a definate possibility.
Thanks to soty for the great sig!
jazzmanljg
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1)

Postby Amazinz » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:04 pm

Yeah it could be symbolic, it's also downright creepy. If you knew your husband/wife was still alive, would you honor their memory at a mock grave site? However, I did say that perhaps it will make more sense when everything is revealed. If in the next episode Jin is the Lostie that dies then I do think it makes more sense. If it turns out Jin is alive then I think it is cheesy and a contrived plot device with no purpose other than to deceive.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby daullaz » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:11 pm

1. There were many clues throughout Jin's flashback that it was indeed a flashback and not a flash-foward. His hair, the fact he had all that money to pay for a panda with, his demeanor when his cab was stolen, etc. After he said what he wanted the daughter to be named while with Sun on the island, from a creative writing standpoint he had to be dead. Thinking forward, Sun has to have a girl and has to name it after what her dead husband wanted. Happens so much in writing that it tipped me off that Jin would be dead in the Sun flash-foward, which led me to think that Jin's scenes were a flashback.

2. I'm pretty sure Jin will die in the next episode. He got a DUI recently, just like the actresses who played Ana Lucia and Libby. I just hope Michael doesn't shoot him too, after all they've been through.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -627)

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:49 pm

jazzmanljg wrote:Second, this episode proved that they will show us things just for the sake of throwing us off guard. Why show us a flashback of Jin delivering a panda to a random mother? To decieve us, obviously.

Yeah, I read that same thought elsewhere today, and I agree. In hindsight, that was pretty low-ball for them.
Want an easy icon?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=133
All you have to do is beat a few guys at picking Sunday's winners.[/url]
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -302)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Yoda » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:53 pm

Not sure why but I complain after every episode but end up watching it the next week anyway. My life sucks.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby Amazinz » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:02 pm

Lol. Yeah I think most of us still posting here are in the same boat. We complain because we like the show. If we were at the point where we stopped liking the show we wouldn't even bother complaining. :-D
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk