Return to General Talk

LOST!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: LOST!

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:49 am

JTWood wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:I was a bit surprised by how revealing the preview for next week was as well.

Yeah. They might as well have just said, "Next week, Michael returns!"

:-[
Yeah, it is kind of hard to keep that a secret. What are the chances Michael is the 6th of the Oceanic 6 and the one in the casket?

And I'm still convinced Juilet is playing Jack.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -946)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:58 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
JTWood wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:I was a bit surprised by how revealing the preview for next week was as well.

Yeah. They might as well have just said, "Next week, Michael returns!"

:-[
Yeah, it is kind of hard to keep that a secret. What are the chances Michael is the 6th of the Oceanic 6 and the one in the casket?

And I'm still convinced Juilet is playing Jack.

I'm almost positive the other two are Jin and Sun. They previewed next week as a Jin/Sun week, and they said that we find out the rest of the Oceanic 6. We need 2 more to finish out the 6, so...

Now, if Michael and Walt were the other two that constitute Jack's 8 "survivors," that would be interesting. I'm also betting that Michael is actually the captain of the boat. It would make sense, because he would know how to get the Oceanic 6 back to the US.

On a separate note, have you read the theory about why the 6 are who they are? There's a fascinating one out there that makes too much sense to ignore, but it does have a spoiler in it. If you want, I'll PM you a link or shoot you the synopsis.
Want an easy icon?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=133
All you have to do is beat a few guys at picking Sunday's winners.[/url]
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -302)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby slomo007 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:22 pm

StlSluggers wrote:On a separate note, have you read the theory about why the 6 are who they are? There's a fascinating one out there that makes too much sense to ignore, but it does have a spoiler in it. If you want, I'll PM you a link or shoot you the synopsis.

Or, you could post it and those who don't want to read it shouldn't click the link. Just a thought. :-D :-B
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby Phatferd » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:16 pm

I'm thinking it's Michael too, however, it raises a question for me. I don't know exactly how many days they have been on the island, but I would guess between 50-75 days. If this is the case then Michael left the island probably around day 30-40.

If this is the case how could he then captain a boat organized by Mr. Whitmore within about 20 days? Wouldn't Mr. Whitmore have organized this thing a lot earlier? I mean a captain of a boat is the most important person, why would he "hire/name/annoint" someone like Michael? If they met then they would most likely only have known each other for about 20 days at the most.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -25)

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:22 pm

Phatferd wrote:I'm thinking it's Michael too, however, it raises a question for me. I don't know exactly how many days they have been on the island, but I would guess between 50-75 days. If this is the case then Michael left the island probably around day 30-40.

If this is the case how could he then captain a boat organized by Mr. Whitmore within about 20 days? Wouldn't Mr. Whitmore have organized this thing a lot earlier? I mean a captain of a boat is the most important person, why would he "hire/name/annoint" someone like Michael? If they met then they would most likely only have known each other for about 20 days at the most.

Good call. I believe the time frame is just past 100 days. Jack mentioned 100 days to the chopper pilot a couple epis ago.
Want an easy icon?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby great gretzky » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:31 pm

part of me thinks ben is one of the "oceanic six." I know technically, by the viewer's standards he isn't, but I think some kind of faustian bargain gets made in the process, hence the big lie. The introduction of whitmore (sp?) isn't by chance, nor is desmond. I think there has to be something there, where the others and the survivors realize that he is some kind of bigger threat, and once they realize what happens to desmond (who dies in my opinion, which is a shame), they concoct a lie to the outside world about what really happens, and ben, sayeed take it out on them. meanwhile locke is spo mired in the mystery fo the island, that element of the show takes another direction.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -7)

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:44 pm

great gretzky wrote:part of me thinks ben is one of the "oceanic six." I know technically, by the viewer's standards he isn't, but I think some kind of faustian bargain gets made in the process, hence the big lie. The introduction of whitmore (sp?) isn't by chance, nor is desmond. I think there has to be something there, where the others and the survivors realize that he is some kind of bigger threat, and once they realize what happens to desmond (who dies in my opinion, which is a shame), they concoct a lie to the outside world about what really happens, and ben, sayeed take it out on them. meanwhile locke is spo mired in the mystery fo the island, that element of the show takes another direction.

I'm thinking that Desmond is the man to overthrow Whitmore with the help of his very own daughter.

It would be fitting considering the history of that group.
Want an easy icon?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:30 pm

I'm just excited to see what Michael has been up to since we last saw him. I'm guessing that won't happen until at least 2 weeks from now though, since as JT mentioned, it looks like a Jin/Sun episode.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:31 pm

If I remember right there is one more episode then a break for a month. Once they come back the first episode is about Michael.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -946)

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:14 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:If I remember right there is one more episode then a break for a month. Once they come back the first episode is about Michael.

That was the original plan, but they changed it about a week ago. Here's the updated schedule:

Episode 7: March 13
Episode 8: March 20
BREAK
Episode 9: April 24
Episode 10: May 1
Episode 11: May 8
Episode 12: May 15
Episode 13: May 22 (Season Finale)
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk