Return to General Talk

LOST!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: LOST!

Postby JTWood » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:08 pm

Yoda wrote:Why are they showing the future? How does that tie into what is happening on the island?

There is a debate among the survivors about a) whether or not the people who found them are good and will help them, and b) if they even want to leave the island.

The flash forwards are showing us how the 6 survivors that left the island are faring back in the real world while simultaneously raising questions about how the show will get from Point A (the now) to Point B (the flash forward). For instance, why were there only 6 of them that made back to real world? What happened to everyone else? Did the 6 tell everyone about the island? Probably not. Jack went by to check on Hurley to make sure he "wouldn't tell." Given that a mysterious man came to kidnap Hurley, I'm betting the secret is the island.

Also, Hurley decided to go with Locke, but he said in the future that he shouldn't have - but he still made it off the island. What happened to make him change his mind, and how did he get off the island if he was with the group determined to not leave?

We know Kate, Jack, & Hurley made it off the island. Who are the other three of the "Oceanic 6?"

Finally, whose funeral did Jack - and only Jack - attend at the end of last season???

There are plenty of other questions, but that's should be enough to show you the point of the flash forwards.
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11253
(Past Year: -255)
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Re: LOST!

Postby rookies and cream » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:37 pm

JTWood wrote:
Yoda wrote:Why are they showing the future? How does that tie into what is happening on the island?

There is a debate among the survivors about a) whether or not the people who found them are good and will help them, and b) if they even want to leave the island.

The flash forwards are showing us how the 6 survivors that left the island are faring back in the real world while simultaneously raising questions about how the show will get from Point A (the now) to Point B (the flash forward). For instance, why were there only 6 of them that made back to real world? What happened to everyone else? Did the 6 tell everyone about the island? Probably not. Jack went by to check on Hurley to make sure he "wouldn't tell." Given that a mysterious man came to kidnap Hurley, I'm betting the secret is the island.

Also, Hurley decided to go with Locke, but he said in the future that he shouldn't have - but he still made it off the island. What happened to make him change his mind, and how did he get off the island if he was with the group determined to not leave?

We know Kate, Jack, & Hurley made it off the island. Who are the other three of the "Oceanic 6?"

Finally, whose funeral did Jack - and only Jack - attend at the end of last season???

There are plenty of other questions, but that's should be enough to show you the point of the flash forwards.


Good summary! I also like the flash fowards ;-D
Image
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 6315
(Past Year: -160)
Joined: 4 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: LOST!

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:27 pm

Finally got to watch the episode just now thanks to DVR and a snow day :-D

I'm definitely wondering why 6 (and which 6) seemingly made it off the island; though at the same time I don't feel like having that drag out for too long.

I'm more interested in who stays on the island and the occurrances after the 6 (we assume that's what 'Oceanic 6' means) leave the island.

I'd like to get another piece of the 'big picture' to chew on. Overall, it wasn't bad for a season premiere, and I'm looking forward to next week, but the whole Jacob thing doesn't really have me gripped.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24931
(Past Year: 376)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: LOST!

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:52 pm

Does anyone else think Naomi is still alive? John got shot and less than a day later he seems to be fine. I think Naomi was acting.

Pure speculation but I think the people on the freighter were some of the original inhabitants that were exiled by the Others.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 20471
(Past Year: -946)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Re: LOST!

Postby JTWood » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:32 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:Pure speculation but I think the people on the freighter were some of the original inhabitants that were exiled by the Others.

They could be the modern incarnation of the Dharma Initiative, bent on finding out what happened to their pilgrims.

Ben could have been "hiding" the island from them. And that's another point... I really hope they explain why the island was so hard to find.
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11253
(Past Year: -255)
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Re: LOST!

Postby Yoda » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:31 pm

Gah... so confusing. Maybe I'm just not smart enough to tie these things together... :-S
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21191
(Past Year: -153)
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: LOST!

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:58 pm

Yoda wrote:Gah... so confusing. Maybe I'm just not smart enough to tie these things together... :-S
I'm missing it too. What is the point of the shoes?
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 20471
(Past Year: -946)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Re: LOST!

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:58 pm

About the Oceanic 6, I think Claire is one of them, because the whole reason Charlie went down and sacrificed himself was because Desmond saw Claire and Aaron getting on a helicopter.

And I keep forgetting about Michael. He's coming back at some point this season, though we don't know in what role. Will he show up in someone's flash forward? Or is he going to wind up back on the island? Hopefully that's included in the first 8 episodes.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11135
(Past Year: -350)
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Re: LOST!

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:08 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Yoda wrote:Gah... so confusing. Maybe I'm just not smart enough to tie these things together... :-S
I'm missing it too. What is the point of the shoes?

The only significance with the shoes I can think of is the white tennis shoe hung around a tree in the opening scene when Jack walked out of the jungle. Now in the mobisode, and last night, we saw Christian wearing white shoes. Christian is obviously involved with the island somehow, whether it's just Jacob inhabiting his dead body or whatever, there's still something significant about him they haven't showed us. I think the white shoes show that link to the one Jack walked by in the jungle, and will be evidence about his involvement with the island, and will also eventually show us they had everything planned out from the beginning.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11135
(Past Year: -350)
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

cron