Return to General Talk

LOST!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:57 pm

Amazinz wrote:I guess it's open to interpretation for now since they didn't give us a clear reason. The way I see it he was being punished for forcing Achara to break tribal law.

That's just the thing though the answers are never real answers they are always incomplete. Jack got beat up because of the tattoo. Why that is a big deal we don't know. Cindy and the kids are alive but we don't know why they were taken or where they were. They do this with everything. The only real answer we have gotten in 2 1/2 years is what caused the plane to crash. Everything else is still incomplete IMO.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -946)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:09 pm

Definitely true. It's a valid complaint about the show. I'm not trying to defend its flaws and I understand why people get frustrated with it. Despite the flaws I still love the show. For one thing, I don't have any expectation for answers. I hope they come and I hope they are satisfying. But the fun of Lost for me is the mental exercise of fitting the pieces together, the Easter eggs, the Internet research to understand some details better, etc. I am already resigned to the belief that the story I have in my head is far better than the potential answers at the end of the show. ;-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -120)

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:13 pm

Amazinz wrote:Definitely true. It's a valid complaint about the show. I'm not trying to defend its flaws and I understand why people get frustrated with it. Despite the flaws I still love the show. For one thing, I don't have any expectation for answers. I hope they come and I hope they are satisfying. But the fun of Lost for me is the mental exercise of fitting the pieces together, the Easter eggs, the Internet research to understand some details better, etc. I am already resigned to the belief that the story I have in my head is far better than the potential answers at the end of the show. ;-)

I think the point of the show is very clear. They are lost and so are we with the show. They do have an ending they said (not sure if it is true but) and hopefully they can tie up some loose ends before we get there so they don't lose me as a viewer. :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:20 pm

I know what you are saying Amazing and I still enjoy parts of Lost but intrigue without answers ruins it all in the end for me. That's just my personality. I can't even watch the Matrix anymore because I was so annoyed at how crappy the trilogy ended.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -946)

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:21 pm

Amazinz wrote:Definitely true. It's a valid complaint about the show. I'm not trying to defend its flaws and I understand why people get frustrated with it. Despite the flaws I still love the show. For one thing, I don't have any expectation for answers. I hope they come and I hope they are satisfying. But the fun of Lost for me is the mental exercise of fitting the pieces together, the Easter eggs, the Internet research to understand some details better, etc. I am already resigned to the belief that the story I have in my head is far better than the potential answers at the end of the show. ;-)

Agreed. ;-D I would like some answers, but at the same time I love the episodes where something totally bizarre happens (like Desmond going "back" in time) and you just scratch your head. I like the frenzy online and reading trivia and what things they fit in.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Postby TheFantasyGuru1 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:50 pm

Next week should be a very interesting and fun episode to watch. I'm curious to see what exactly the "reunion" will be.
TheFantasyGuru1
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: -6)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby acsguitar » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:04 pm

I'm pretty sure its a heaven purgatory thing.

Kids would go to heaven. So would Jack a Doctor. But criminals with good spirits would stay in purgatory or something.

i don't know something
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)

Postby bigken117 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:49 pm

I don't know if this has been brought up or not yet...

but this show is moving along way too slowly... :-[
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/E/Jacoby-Ellsbury.shtml
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=24
http://twitter.com/#!/baseballcafe
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fantasy-Baseball-Cafe/117034715055181?sk=wall
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1076)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk