Return to General Talk

LOST!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:17 am

I believe that the fog is a physical manifestation of someone’s consciousness; maybe Ben or Walt or even a collective, such as the Others. We know that they are or were studying electromagnetic radiation on the island and the possibility of psychic activity has been suggested several times in the storyline. This possibility has a scientific foundation because there are real-world theories that electromagnetic radiation is the explanation for phenomena such as psychokinesis. Certain theories take it as far as to suggest that the human consciousness is an electromagnetic field. I realize that the theory is a little “out there” but if you assume it is correct it provides an explanation for almost all of the oddities that have occurred on the island.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -120)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:53 am

Amazinz wrote:I believe that the fog is a physical manifestation of someone’s consciousness; maybe Ben or Walt or even a collective, such as the Others. We know that they are or were studying electromagnetic radiation on the island and the possibility of psychic activity has been suggested several times in the storyline. This possibility has a scientific foundation because there are real-world theories that electromagnetic radiation is the explanation for phenomena such as psychokinesis. Certain theories take it as far as to suggest that the human consciousness is an electromagnetic field. I realize that the theory is a little “out there” but if you assume it is correct it provides an explanation for almost all of the oddities that have occurred on the island.

Nicely summed up...

Wow I can't believe they killed off Ecko and brought in two lamo characters. What's up with that? :-P

Waiting sucks. I don't understand the benefit to ABC for making fans wait two months or even two weeks to see a new episode. The only thing this does is piss off the viewers. Doesn't help their ratings.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:14 pm

The two lame charecters kinda suck bad...

I thought it was a good episode. I like when Eko Pwned those thugs with the machete..

That ruled

I can't believe they took him out though...i'm afraid this show might end up stinking :~(
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:42 pm

Someone posted an article on the light side that showed Eko was never supposed to be a permanent character.

About the black fog...Rousseau said it was a "security system" back in season 1. It obviously takes the forms of other things and pretty much explains Jack seeing his father and Kate seeing the horse and maybe even Shannon seeing Walt (but I tend to think the Walt one might have been unrelated).
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Postby Yoda » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:48 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Someone posted an article on the light side that showed Eko was never supposed to be a permanent character.

Permanent or not, Ecko was clearly the darkest character in terms of what he did in the real world. He hacked up people in a church. That's pretty badass and I am deeply saddened to see him go. Especially at the expense of some new, dorky, uninteresting characters whom I could give a ratsass about...
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:58 pm

There is a story in TV Guide that reported that the actor who plays Eko was hated by the rest of the cast. He would rewrite his dialogue and then refuse to act the scene the way it was originally scripted. He was also holding the Lost producers ransom with demands of a contract negotiation. When asked about it the Lost producers chose to respond with no comment. If the allegations were untrue they would have defended him. So they can say that he was never meant to be a permanent character but it seems more likely that this was just a business decision. I liked Eko a lot but the dude who plays Eko sounds like a nut.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:59 pm

Amazinz wrote:There is a story in TV Guide that reported that the actor who plays Eko was hated by the rest of the cast. He would rewrite his dialogue and then refuse to act the scene the way it was originally scripted. He was also holding the Lost producers ransom with demands of a contract negotiation. When asked about it the Lost producers chose to respond with no comment. If the allegations were untrue they would have defended him. So they can say that he was never meant to be a permanent character but it seems more likely that this was just a business decision. I liked Eko a lot but the dude who plays Eko sounds like a nut.

Don't talk about Vladdy like that. :-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby Yoda » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:29 pm

Amazinz wrote:There is a story in TV Guide that reported that the actor who plays Eko was hated by the rest of the cast. He would rewrite his dialogue and then refuse to act the scene the way it was originally scripted. He was also holding the Lost producers ransom with demands of a contract negotiation. When asked about it the Lost producers chose to respond with no comment. If the allegations were untrue they would have defended him. So they can say that he was never meant to be a permanent character but it seems more likely that this was just a business decision. I liked Eko a lot but the dude who plays Eko sounds like a nut.

I wonder if it had something to do with his arrest in September:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adewale_Akinnuoye-Agbaje
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:34 pm

It was mentioned in the interview because of Rodriguez was canned right after her traffic violation too. They laughed about it. Not sure. ;-)
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Amazinz » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:35 pm

slomo007 wrote:Don't talk about Vladdy like that. :-D

Lol. Vladdy. !+)
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk