Return to Baseball Leftovers

More Trouble from Dodger Town

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:58 pm

Carlos Liston anyone?

Please. Bradley has a long and noted history for be npothing but a trouble maker and pain in the a**. Even if Kent said something in jest or jokingly in the clubhouse (which I doubt) Bradley is way over the line here. Bradly is probably frustrated with how crummy the Dodgers have played this year and is just looking for excuses.

And if everyone had played and performed like Jeff Kent this season, the Dodgers would be headed to the playoffs. Bradley should get his foot out of his mouth and follow Kent's example and simple do his damn job well. Kent is about the only Dodger earning his money this season. Bradley should be the last person to open his big mouth.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -58)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby warrick95 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:34 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Carlos Liston anyone?

Please. Bradley has a long and noted history for be npothing but a trouble maker and pain in the a**. Even if Kent said something in jest or jokingly in the clubhouse (which I doubt) Bradley is way over the line here. Bradly is probably frustrated with how crummy the Dodgers have played this year and is just looking for excuses.

And if everyone had played and performed like Jeff Kent this season, the Dodgers would be headed to the playoffs. Bradley should get his foot out of his mouth and follow Kent's example and simple do his damn job well. Kent is about the only Dodger earning his money this season. Bradley should be the last person to open his big mouth.

Milton was playing like an All-Star before getting injured.

A lot of the trouble maker thing is merely a reputation, which is why umpires keep such close eyes on him. On a couple of his ejections, had it been a classy player such as Ripken arguing, no ejection would've occurred. Milton has a big red bullseye on him in the circle of authorities. Which is also why he was a target for a fan in the bottle incident. Bradley has taken tremendous steps this year, believe it or not.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -150)

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:37 pm

warrick95 wrote:Bradley has taken tremendous steps this year, believe it or not.

Yeah, he hasn't gone Ron Artest, or been arrested yet......

I kid, I kid. :-D :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby wrveres » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:53 pm

I have been screaming "Chemistry Problem" about this squad since day one, but no one would listen ..

Nope .. all I got was ..

"Repo-Desta is a Billy Beane knockoff. He knows what he is doing.
The team looks genius on paper. "

ESPN even did a big huge atricle on how smart this man was and what great things he was doing with LA, and the gunius of what he assembled.

Fricking lame ass excell junkie should lose his job for putting that many misfits on one team, and shipping out out all of the team favorites. What an idiot Repo-desta is. :-t :-t

This is not Milton's fault.
Everybody knows Milton's history ..

including ..

Repo- Desta.

did I mention the millions he is paying Shawn Green to play for their division rivals, who just happen to be pct. points ahead of them in the standings?

You all want somebody ass in a slinger, here is your Guy ..

Repo-Desta!
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby blankman » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:57 pm

Milton Bradley should tell Milton Bradley and Felipe Alou and the others saying the crap he does to just shut the hell up and be done with it.

Statements about racism as a reason for 9% of the game being black? What a disgrace. Go dig yourself a hole and bury yourself Milton.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -211)

Postby wrveres » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:03 am

Its amazing to me how ignorant people are about racism.

Just turn a blind eye right?

As a matter of fact ... maybe you should have said ..

"You go over there and stand be a good little house boy and shut up, until spoken too"

Right?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:07 am

Come to think of it..

this thread really cracks me up ..

We have player (A) and Player (B), both with troubled pasts.
But yet one was instantly villified, and the other was giving the benifit of doubt ...

no. it doesn't crack me up, it makes me sick to my stomach!! :-t :-t :-t
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby slomo007 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:10 am

wrveres wrote:Come to think of it..

this thread really cracks me up ..

We have player (A) and Player (B), both with troubled pasts.
But yet one was instantly villified, and the other was giving the benifit of doubt ...

no. it doesn't crack me up, it makes me sick to my stomach!! :-t :-t :-t

For the record...I dislike Jeff Kent even more than I dislike Milton Bradley. But, that's beside the point. Bradley is the one turning to the media to vent his problems rather than discussing it with Kent or team management. That's why I'm "villifying" him.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby DK » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:14 am

I meant to post this a few days ago... I read an article where Milton Bradley stated that "as long as I'm black, I'm fine." No problem, right? He's proud of his heritage, his skin color, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Switch that with Jeff Kent.

If Kent says "as long as I'm white, I'm fine", he'd be Rockerized. Called a racist and probably run out of baseball.

Thoughts?
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -456)

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:19 am

slomo007 wrote:
For the record...I dislike Jeff Kent even more than I dislike Milton Bradley. But, that's beside the point. Bradley is the one turning to the media to vent his problems rather than discussing it with Kent or team management. That's why I'm "villifying" him.

Some non-Bond apologist really has to explain the Kent hate around here to me. The man has always performed for his fantasy owners. He does his job well. Yeah he has an attitude but he does not go around attacking fans or committing crimes or the like. And if an attitude were a crime then 90% of MLB palyers should be despised. Just what has Kent done in his career outside of the motor-cycle/car-wash incident to earn this sort of hatred? He is not even in the same league as Bonds, Pedro, Belle, Bradley, etc. for being disliked.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -58)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers