An Iconic Fantasy Baseball Community
Moderator: Baseball Moderators
BaseballFann0008 wrote:its 6-2
the tying run will be on deck
am i wrong?
BaseballFann0008 wrote:can we get an official ruling here?
blankman wrote:Are you wrong? Yes. There were no runners on. 3 runs at the start of the 9th is a save, not 4. Getting a save for 4 runs would be ludacris anyway.
kingctb27 wrote:No, this isn't a save opp. If Tav was around he would break out the rule book.
MLB Official Rulebook wrote:Credit a pitcher with a save when he meets all three of the following conditions:
(1) He is the finishing pitcher in a game won by his club; and
(2) He is not the winning pitcher; and
(3) He qualifies under one of the following conditions:
- (a) He enters the game with a lead of no more than three runs and pitches for at least one inning; or
- (b) He enters the game, regardless of the count, with the potential tying run either on base, or at bat, or on deck (that is, the potential tying run is either already on base or is one of the first two batsmen he faces; or
- (c) He pitches effectively for at least three innings. No more than one save may be credited in each game
Users browsing this forum: kab21 and 4 guests