Return to Baseball Leftovers

Steriod Bust Rumors ..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:25 pm

Boring. Just what we need, weeks of new threads tearing this guy down. Weeks of ESPN saying it 10 times a day. Someone else will get Palmeiroed. Where are all the stories on how roids helped Rafael Betancourt, Ryan Franklin, Juan Rincon, Alex Sanchez? You wait for the 1 guy out of 10 who had a nice career and round up the witches. I for one am not looking for the silliness that will follow.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby ender_va » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:11 pm

I heard Eric Gagne's name floated with this rumor. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
ender_va
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby superfly » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:02 pm

It's David Eckstein.
superfly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby BurlyMan » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:08 pm

Imagine what would happen if it was a major player....and I mean a major one, like A-rod or Pujols. That would be 100 times more damaging to the sport than any players named to date, including Palmeiro.

Someone also mentioned it might be someone (if this rumor turns out to be true) that no one has really mentioned yet or looked at. That seems reasonable. I mean, a lot of people looked at 'before/after' pictures of guys like Bonds and Sosa and suspected they were on steroids due to their massive increase in muscle mass (and head size 8-o )

But it seems to me that a lot of these steroids are designed to boost recovery time, not specifically promote bulk muscle growth. Palmeiro wasn't a huge muscle guy, so who knows...maybe it WILL be a guy who everybody says "him?!".
BurlyMan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby go_jays_go » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:39 pm

I agree with you Mad, because it's probably going to be someone we don't expect it to be.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -710)

Postby Esen » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:59 pm

It would be kind of messed up if it came out that Clemans or someone like him got busted for it.

I know , I know Clemans is holy and it is blasphamy to say his name like this but... It would be a mind squeeze if he did do steroids.

If I had to guess one person who has done steroids in his life Brett Boone would be on the top of that list as well as Schilling.
~Erik
Esen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Esen » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:00 pm

Oh, and one person who I would love to see busted would be Johnny Damon that crapper is steroids through and through.
~Erik
Esen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby DaQ » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:17 pm

superfly wrote:It's David Eckstein.

He did hit a walk-off grand slam today... :-?
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Pokey » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:31 pm

Esen wrote:Oh, and one person who I would love to see busted would be Johnny Damon that crapper is steroids through and through.

Interesting... now what is it that tips you off as to Damon being on roids. Is it the 8 home runs? Or maybe he's taking it to increase his speed, like Sanchez or those track athletes, yes, that would explain those whopping 11 stolen bases. :-?
Pokey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Postby Yoda » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:38 pm

I'm willing to bet that list includes a lot of players named in Canseco's book.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers