Page 2 of 9

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:11 pm
by BronXBombers51
Someone on Raffy's level? When are they going to release it? Why do they wait 3 months after the test to inform the public? What a joke. If you know who failed, say it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:18 pm
by rlee
Mookie4ever wrote:They were also talking about it on ESPN radio this morning. They only said that there was about to be another big name who failed a drug test - they didn't say anything about a laundry list.

Buster Olny was saying that it was of the caliber of Raffy but could not get the name. He also stressed that it was only a rumour but that it was a pretty strong one.

Then the jerk host (I forget his name Something Masden?) speculated out loud how strange Giambi's power surge is.


Yeah, the idiot replied because of Giambi's sudden power surge he must be taking HGH because it's undetectable with the current testing :-P

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:35 pm
by blankman
kingctb27 wrote:
Box wrote:I hope its Juan Gonzales. :-D

Agreed, but I'm thinking this one may be Pudge. :-/


Perhaps. I wouldn't be overly surprised.


This should be exciting though and now that everyone's hopes are up, it better happen }:-)

And Bronx, I have to think some of the delay is for investigation.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:42 pm
by Box
blankman wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:
Box wrote:I hope its Juan Gonzales. :-D

Agreed, but I'm thinking this one may be Pudge. :-/


Perhaps. I wouldn't be overly surprised.


This should be exciting though and now that everyone's hopes are up, it better happen }:-)

And Bronx, I have to think some of the delay is for investigation.


Youre right, the player is notified at which point he usually appeals and an independent arbitrator investigates and makes a decision. ALL without any public notice. The O's front office (NOT Mazilli) knew about Raffy's positive test before the AllStar Break.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:17 pm
by Madison
Should be interesting to say the least, if it does turn out to be a long list of guys.

No guesses from me, but my guess is that it will probably be someone we haven't even looked at yet.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:21 pm
by KaiserSoze
Atrophying Testicles wrote:$50 Adrian Beltre is on the list.






I'd take that bet. He's one of the few guys I feel is NOT taking anything.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:23 pm
by AT
rlee wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:They were also talking about it on ESPN radio this morning. They only said that there was about to be another big name who failed a drug test - they didn't say anything about a laundry list.

Buster Olny was saying that it was of the caliber of Raffy but could not get the name. He also stressed that it was only a rumour but that it was a pretty strong one.

Then the jerk host (I forget his name Something Masden?) speculated out loud how strange Giambi's power surge is.


Yeah, the idiot replied because of Giambi's sudden power surge he must be taking HGH because it's undetectable with the current testing :-P


A lot of people are assuming that right now and mentioning it on the air and in the papers. It's pure ignorance and shouldn't even be mentioned. HGH makes the body bigger. Why the [Edited language] would Giambi need to get bigger for? He's the biggest guy in the league. The ignorance on what steroids do and do not do is everywhere. It really screws up what the casual fan thinks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:24 pm
by jjigglers
Could the reason that Giambi is "the biggest guy in the league" be because he's on HGH? I don't think that's a stretch.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:25 pm
by AT
KaiserSoze wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:$50 Adrian Beltre is on the list.






I'd take that bet. He's one of the few guys I feel is NOT taking anything.


Yeah, he's not taking anything NOW but to say DEFINITIVELY that he didn't have anything left in his system after he stopped taking them is kind of ignorant, no? I mean 48HR's and the rest of his numbers last year at Chavez Ravine in a contract year and now look at him. Look at his body/head compared to last year and the look of his body last year. That year last year had all the tell-tale signs of use.