Return to Baseball Leftovers

Palmeiro Tested Positive For Steroids...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BeefSandwiches » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:20 pm

scott1360 wrote:before everyone goes nuts condeming him, and if he did indeed do Steroids then its justified. But like someone else said, the banned substance list has more than just anabolic steroids on it. Also, I know it sounds like a pathetic excuse, but its always possible that he took whatever the trainer gave him. Im not defending him at all but im saying hold out on going nuts just yet.

I agree with you that it is very possible steroids wasn't the substance, but this list is banned for a reason and after all the hype, simply taking what the trainer gives you is NO excuse.
BeefSandwiches
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby amich1 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:21 pm

that response reeks of guilt. If he hadn't knowingly used steroids but something else containing steroids he should have expressly stated the product....oh wait, this isn't ephedra. So Raffy, unless you got a diadnosed case of hives w/ a 'roid prescription from a doctor you are a BIG FAT CHEATER. Just like ol Bar'roids now we got Palmer'oids too. Plus, it's against the law to lie to the government as part of an investigation whether you are under oath or not (it is called obstuction of justice. Martha stewart could tell you all a/b it).
J.Lo? I knew her back when they said "Hey, ho".
amich1
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scott1360 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:21 pm

Rirruto wrote:
scott1360 wrote:before everyone goes nuts condeming him, and if he did indeed do Steroids then its justified. But like someone else said, the banned substance list has more than just anabolic steroids on it. Also, I know it sounds like a pathetic excuse, but its always possible that he took whatever the trainer gave him. Im not defending him at all but im saying hold out on going nuts just yet.

Yeah but is that specific info ever divulged? It seems that they just announce that Player X has violated the drug policy but they don't actually go into details what exactly they used.

good point I dont know the answer. Something about it just seems so weird, why would he still be taking it at this point in his career with the knowledge of the crackdown on steroids...it just doesnt make sense, he was gonna get 3000 hits on steroids or not
scott1360
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby amich1 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:21 pm

that is why he was so nonchalant a/b his 3000 hits too.
J.Lo? I knew her back when they said "Hey, ho".
amich1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rirruto » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:22 pm

scott1360 wrote:
Rirruto wrote:

Yeah but is that specific info ever divulged? It seems that they just announce that Player X has violated the drug policy but they don't actually go into details what exactly they used.

good point I dont know the answer. Something about it just seems so weird, why would he still be taking it at this point in his career with the knowledge of the crackdown on steroids...it just doesnt make sense, he was gonna get 3000 hits on steroids or not

Well the question now is, how long has he been on steroids? Canseco claimed he injected Raffy when they were teamates in Texas.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -26)

Postby Rirruto » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:24 pm

amich1 wrote:Plus, it's against the law to lie to the government as part of an investigation whether you are under oath or not

If Raffy is going to get in any legal trouble, they would have to prove he had used an illegal substance before the hearing, which I'm not sure if this test actually shows
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby wildfire » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:28 pm

His story has changed, notice the wording..

[u]March 17th @ the Congress hearing :[/u]

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never."

[u]Today, after getting caught :[/u]

"I have never intentionally used steroids. Never. Ever. Period."

How fishy...
Chili Davis' Top Complaint About Fans:
"Don't understand that it's hard to keep your temper under control when you're full of steroids."
wildfire
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -3)

Postby scott1360 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:29 pm

wildfire wrote:His story has changed, notice the wording..

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never."

obviously dude, this test says he did, so hes saying he had no knowledge of it, it wouldnt have made sense to say that before at the hearing because that would sound like hes covering something up
scott1360
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Rirruto » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:32 pm

How fishy...

Image I kid... :-D
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Yoda » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:32 pm

scott1360 wrote:

obviously dude, this test says he did, so hes saying he had no knowledge of it, it wouldnt have made sense to say that before at the hearing because that would sound like hes covering something up

I heard that he tripped and fell and a needle stuck his ass.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers