Return to Baseball Leftovers

Farnsworth to ATL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Secret Avatar » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:23 pm

"just traded Reitsma + Farnsworth to a RP poor team for Prior"

8-o

How come I don't have idiots like that in my league? :-?
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby d18Mike » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:59 pm

What in god's name possessed Detroit to do this? Farnsworth has been great --- they get two absolutely unproven and by all accounts unremarkable bush league pitchers. Plus they get to move an unproven guy in the CL spot.

Suicide. :-P
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Postby rotterdam_82 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:02 pm

d18Mike wrote:What in god's name possessed Detroit to do this? Farnsworth has been great --- they get two absolutely unproven and by all accounts unremarkable bush league pitchers. Plus they get to move an unproven guy in the CL spot.

Suicide. :-P

Colon is a good pitcher, he was just never going to get a chance in Hot-lanta. He might even be a good option in 14+ team leagues should the Tigers use him straight away.

Don't think Miner will ever amount to much mind. The Braves are pumped about pulling this one off, and so they should be.
Rate my team, leave me a link!
http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349 - English Villains
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -4)

Postby dyuen87 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:50 pm

Secret Avatar wrote:"just traded Reitsma + Farnsworth to a RP poor team for Prior"

8-o

How come I don't have idiots like that in my league? :-?

haha i hear you there
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -21)

Postby AT » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:53 pm

This is me to my buddy like a week and a half ago:

Watching the Yankee Game

My buddy: This bullpen needs help. No way Sturtze holds up at the end of the year with all these innings.

Me: Rodriguez blows, Groom blows, Gordon dies at the end of the season, so what the f&*% do we do, get Mo to pitch 3 innings every game in the playoffs?!?

My buddy: They need to make a move. Who do you think is available that won't cost Cano?

Me: You know who they need to get. Kyle Farnsworth. He's under 30, he throws 100mph gas, he plays on a seller, and he's a free agent next season on a team with a closer they're paying $5 Million.

Me about 10 minutes ago when I get home from my softball game:

F#@% YOU BRIAN CASHMAN. YOU BLOW
AT
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -275)

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:03 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:This is me to my buddy like a week and a half ago:

Watching the Yankee Game

My buddy: This bullpen needs help. No way Sturtze holds up at the end of the year with all these innings.

Me: Rodriguez blows, Groom blows, Gordon dies at the end of the season, so what the f&*% do we do, get Mo to pitch 3 innings every game in the playoffs?!?

My buddy: They need to make a move. Who do you think is available that won't cost Cano?

Me: You know who they need to get. Kyle Farnsworth. He's under 30, he throws 100mph gas, he plays on a seller, and he's a free agent next season on a team with a closer they're paying $5 Million.

I have been saying that for 4 years. The man could not sign a decent pitcher is his life depended on it. Come on, you do not want Farnsworth when you got Alan Embree.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -58)

Postby AT » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:06 pm

The man is unbelievable. Going after Farnsworth was a no-brainer. He practically had a bullseye on him. I can't continue writing about Cashman. It makes me want to kill someone.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AT » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:08 pm

Lemme guess. In 2-3 more posts we're going to get the "Yankee Hijack" comment. You should all be complaining that your GM didn't get a guy like this. I'm just the first one to do it.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:10 pm

For what Atl gave up to get Farnsworth every single GM in baseball should be kicking themselves - especially teams in need of bullpen help like New York is. Heck, Boston needs bullpen help more than the Yankees do and certainly could have given up more than Atl did to get Farnsworth.

I'm just bitter as a Farnsworth owner on 14 teams out of 16 that Boston DIDN'T pick him up so I could have kept him as a closer!
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 235)

Postby warrick95 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:18 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:This is me to my buddy like a week and a half ago:

Watching the Yankee Game

Or y'all could've made a run at Baez. Of course, LaMar probably would've asked for Eric Duncan or Philip Hughes straight up in return, which is preposterous.

What's scary, is that I think the Yanks' management is sort of resigned to not winning it all this season. The Yankees usually go into every season with one goal in mind: to win the World Series.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -150)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers