Return to Baseball Leftovers

Manny, Baez to Mets

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:02 pm

Same guy. Ken Rosenthal of Sporting News. He's usually pretty good.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18680
(Past Year: -120)
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:03 pm

Amazinz wrote:Same guy. Ken Rosenthal of Sporting News. He's usually pretty good.


Gotcha. So do you think Manny is in Shea by Monday? Or do you think this is just another media foul up? I don't know what to think anymore. I don't know whether to get excited yet.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12578
(Past Year: -231)
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:06 pm

Amazinz wrote:OK. If Manny is playing at Shea I couldn't care less how dumb you think it is Yoda. :-D


For $20M per year? You actually think that is a good deal? There is a reason why the Mutts have sucked lately. It's because they are paying for what players did in the past. Not saying Manny will tank but that is almost double what most 30-100 players are signing for nowadays.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21191
(Past Year: -153)
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:06 pm

Couldn't guess and I definitely won't get excited yet. It would just be a big let down. :-°
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18680
(Past Year: -120)
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:11 pm

Yoda wrote:
Amazinz wrote:OK. If Manny is playing at Shea I couldn't care less how dumb you think it is Yoda. :-D


For $20M per year? You actually think that is a good deal? There is a reason why the Mutts have sucked lately. It's because they are paying for what players did in the past. Not saying Manny will tank but that is almost double what most 30-100 players are signing for nowadays.

If the Mets want to flex thier financial muscle why should I care? I only care about the players going the other way and I can live with Cammy and Milledge for Manny. The problem with Mets may very well be poor decisions but it has nothing to do with the $.

EDIT: And its $15/year not $20.
Last edited by Amazinz on Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18680
(Past Year: -120)
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:11 pm

Amazinz wrote:Couldn't guess and I definitely won't get excited yet. It would just be a big let down. :-°


Yes it would. This whole thing is giving me an ulcer. My brain is killing me these last few days.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12578
(Past Year: -231)
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigken117 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:21 pm

Today's NY Post also said the BoSox were going to turn Milledge into Dunn

New York Post (registration required): " With an unwillingness to include top prospect Lastings Milledge in the package and to take on the entire $64 million owed to Manny Ramirez through the 2008 season, the Mets imperiled a complex, three-team trade in which they would have landed Ramirez... However, the Red Sox wanted Milledge, as well, apparently to spin off as part of another trade, perhaps for Cincinnati outfielder Adam Dunn or Texas second baseman Alfonso Soriano.
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11790
(Past Year: -1076)
Joined: 15 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: posed in an awkward stance

Postby Yoda » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:25 pm

Amazinz wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Amazinz wrote:OK. If Manny is playing at Shea I couldn't care less how dumb you think it is Yoda. :-D


For $20M per year? You actually think that is a good deal? There is a reason why the Mutts have sucked lately. It's because they are paying for what players did in the past. Not saying Manny will tank but that is almost double what most 30-100 players are signing for nowadays.

If the Mets want to flex thier financial muscle why should I care? I only care about the players going the other way and I can live with Cammy and Milledge for Manny. The problem with Mets may very well be poor decisions but it has nothing to do with the $.

EDIT: And its $15/year not $20.


I guess... Since Milledge is not a lock. How is it 15?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21191
(Past Year: -153)
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Rirruto » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:28 pm

Yoda wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Amazinz wrote:OK. If Manny is playing at Shea I couldn't care less how dumb you think it is Yoda. :-D


For $20M per year? You actually think that is a good deal? There is a reason why the Mutts have sucked lately. It's because they are paying for what players did in the past. Not saying Manny will tank but that is almost double what most 30-100 players are signing for nowadays.

If the Mets want to flex thier financial muscle why should I care? I only care about the players going the other way and I can live with Cammy and Milledge for Manny. The problem with Mets may very well be poor decisions but it has nothing to do with the $.

EDIT: And its $15/year not $20.


I guess... Since Milledge is not a lock. How is it 15?

Because the latest deal comes with $15 million going to the Mets
Image
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2499
(Past Year: -26)
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Mezzanine Section 12 @ Shea

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:28 pm

Because the deal that is currently being reported by Rosenthal has the Sox picking up part of the contract. The NY Times is reporting it at $14M/year.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18680
(Past Year: -120)
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron