Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who hits the most "no-doubters"?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Jury » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:46 pm

What about taking a side spin on this topic:

What are the trademark indicators of a homerun?

Bret Boone's bat flip.
Big Papi helicopter.
Sammy hop.
Manny's watching of his own moon shots :-D
Griffey's swagger and bat drop.
Ichiro's hard running to first base.
The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3328
Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:20 pm

The Jury wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:I'd say Sheffield but you never know if it's high enough. I'm going to refer to a quote from David Ortiz to Kevin Millar when he (Millar) had a Homerun stolen at the wall.

"Nobody go deep like Big Papi go deep"


I disagree on Sheff. He's too great an extra base hitter to hit "no doubters." You definitely know when the Sheff cooks a pitch but you don't really know if it'll be off the wall or out.


That's not disagreeing; you are agreeing with AT on Sheffield there :-?
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fantasy Guru » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:33 pm

The Jury wrote:What about taking a side spin on this topic:

What are the trademark indicators of a homerun?

Bret Boone's bat flip.
Big Papi helicopter.
Sammy hop.
Manny's watching of his own moon shots :-D
Griffey's swagger and bat drop.
Ichiro's hard running to first base.


Dunn watches his, too.

Come to think of it.. a lot of players are getting cocky.
Yeah.. this "fantasy guru" thing is just a user name, folks.
Fantasy Guru
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1811
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cooperstown

Postby The Jury » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:38 pm

blankman wrote:
The Jury wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:I'd say Sheffield but you never know if it's high enough. I'm going to refer to a quote from David Ortiz to Kevin Millar when he (Millar) had a Homerun stolen at the wall.

"Nobody go deep like Big Papi go deep"


I disagree on Sheff. He's too great an extra base hitter to hit "no doubters." You definitely know when the Sheff cooks a pitch but you don't really know if it'll be off the wall or out.


That's not disagreeing; you are agreeing with AT on Sheffield there :-?


I did pick a poor person to quote, but AT did say that [he's say Sheffield], whereas I wouldn't.
The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3328
Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:39 pm

The Jury wrote:
blankman wrote:
The Jury wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:I'd say Sheffield but you never know if it's high enough. I'm going to refer to a quote from David Ortiz to Kevin Millar when he (Millar) had a Homerun stolen at the wall.

"Nobody go deep like Big Papi go deep"


I disagree on Sheff. He's too great an extra base hitter to hit "no doubters." You definitely know when the Sheff cooks a pitch but you don't really know if it'll be off the wall or out.


That's not disagreeing; you are agreeing with AT on Sheffield there :-?


I did pick a poor person to quote, but AT did say that [he's say Sheffield], whereas I wouldn't.


He said that predicated on the same thing you were saying: that you never know if its just going to crush the wall or go over it.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Jury » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:45 pm

blankman wrote:
The Jury wrote:
blankman wrote:
The Jury wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:I'd say Sheffield but you never know if it's high enough. I'm going to refer to a quote from David Ortiz to Kevin Millar when he (Millar) had a Homerun stolen at the wall.

"Nobody go deep like Big Papi go deep"


I disagree on Sheff. He's too great an extra base hitter to hit "no doubters." You definitely know when the Sheff cooks a pitch but you don't really know if it'll be off the wall or out.


That's not disagreeing; you are agreeing with AT on Sheffield there :-?


I did pick a poor person to quote, but AT did say that [he's say Sheffield], whereas I wouldn't.


He said that predicated on the same thing you were saying: that you never know if its just going to crush the wall or go over it.


He that he'd say Sheffield. I wouldn't even think of picking Sheffield. Check the first words "I'd say Sheffield but..."

I wouldn't even consider Sheffield with those ropes that he hits.
The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3328
Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pedantic » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:05 pm

The Jury wrote:
blankman wrote:
The Jury wrote:
blankman wrote:
The Jury wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:I'd say Sheffield but you never know if it's high enough. I'm going to refer to a quote from David Ortiz to Kevin Millar when he (Millar) had a Homerun stolen at the wall.

"Nobody go deep like Big Papi go deep"


I disagree on Sheff. He's too great an extra base hitter to hit "no doubters." You definitely know when the Sheff cooks a pitch but you don't really know if it'll be off the wall or out.


That's not disagreeing; you are agreeing with AT on Sheffield there :-?


I did pick a poor person to quote, but AT did say that [he's say Sheffield], whereas I wouldn't.


He said that predicated on the same thing you were saying: that you never know if its just going to crush the wall or go over it.


He that he'd say Sheffield. I wouldn't even think of picking Sheffield. Check the first words "I'd say Sheffield but..."

I wouldn't even consider Sheffield with those ropes that he hits.


Exactly. "But". Sheesh.
Image
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 6725
Joined: 5 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Funny movie quote that everyone knows

Postby biju » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:27 pm

The Jury wrote:Bret Boone's bat flip.


Of course I'm biased here, but I've always really enjoyed Booney's bat flip.

They had a great promo commercial up here where he's pretty much flipping everything as he finishes with it--my favorite being the "telephone flip" after he's done talking.

:-D
biju
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1077
Joined: 6 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Jury » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:25 pm

Pedantic wrote:
The Jury wrote:
blankman wrote:
The Jury wrote:
blankman wrote:
The Jury wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:I'd say Sheffield but you never know if it's high enough. I'm going to refer to a quote from David Ortiz to Kevin Millar when he (Millar) had a Homerun stolen at the wall.

"Nobody go deep like Big Papi go deep"


I disagree on Sheff. He's too great an extra base hitter to hit "no doubters." You definitely know when the Sheff cooks a pitch but you don't really know if it'll be off the wall or out.


That's not disagreeing; you are agreeing with AT on Sheffield there :-?


I did pick a poor person to quote, but AT did say that [he's say Sheffield], whereas I wouldn't.


He said that predicated on the same thing you were saying: that you never know if its just going to crush the wall or go over it.


He that he'd say Sheffield. I wouldn't even think of picking Sheffield. Check the first words "I'd say Sheffield but..."

I wouldn't even consider Sheffield with those ropes that he hits.


Exactly. "But". Sheesh.


AT would agree on Sheff but...?

I would NOT agree on Sheff, no BUTs needed!
The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3328
Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rotterdam_82 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:03 pm

Seriously, grow up.

Bonds is the man when it comes to no doubters. They leave the bat and its game over.
Rate my team, leave me a link!
http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349 - English Villains
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1945
Joined: 4 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests