Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Official "I hate Beltran" Club

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:04 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:He will likely drop even further by all but those who like to speculate too early. Just look what happened to Konerko the year after he went out and hit 230 or Burrell after he hit 209. Both off of solid seasons the year before. Or Dunn after he Mendoza lined people in 2003. They fell like bricks in the rankings to the late teen rounds.

Beltran is producing at roughly a:

260 20 HR 80 RBI 10 SB rate in the OF.

Those are roughly Matt Lawton numbers. Matt Lawton is a fantasy 4th or 5th OF.

Oh man, what happened to Eric Byrnes? You were so consistant. :-D :-b
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:06 pm

Beltran is an absolute fantasy bust this year no doubt. But he's not as bad as this year's stats indicate. I think most people would agree with that. Bias aside, this exactly the type of player that makes a good target for next season.

We won't know for sure until we see how Beltran finishes out the year and how the ADPs starting looking during the off-season but off-hand round 8 seems very low. If you just look at weighted 3-year averages he won't sniff anywhere near the 8th round. If he does drop that far due to hunches than he is going to be tremendous value for next season.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -120)

Postby HiddenIdentity » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:17 pm

Bottom 9th
6-4 Brew Crew
Runners on 2nd and 3rd
Beltran up

Ill just leave it at, Beltran should be getting paid the league minimum :-t :-t :~(
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -8)

Postby dundeeslugger » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:04 am

Beltran will be a #3 OF in the future as long as he stays in Shea.

He doesn't have power. He was blessed with playing half of his games in the past in hitters parks.
And it's obvious his speed isn't being used.

If the league I am in wasn't a keeper league I would have dropped him a month ago. And no way in hell am I keeping him.
dundeeslugger
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby slomo007 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:18 am

dundeeslugger wrote:Beltran will be a #3 OF in the future as long as he stays in Shea.

He doesn't have power. He was blessed with playing half of his games in the past in hitters parks.
And it's obvious his speed isn't being used.

If the league I am in wasn't a keeper league I would have dropped him a month ago. And no way in hell am I keeping him.

This has been covered in detail here, but I'm not sure if you have seen any of the posts. Basically it comes down to the fact that Houston is a terrible hitters' park for left handed hitters, in fact, it's one of the worst in the league. Beltran is a switch hitter, yes, but he spends most of his time batting left handed. I don't think any of the blame can be on the ballpark, it's more of a mental thing IMO.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:41 pm

ok, pad in the back. You homered
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -246)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:20 am

it's working guys, keep it up ;-D

YOU SUCK BELTRAN!!!!!!!!!!
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -246)

Postby The_Met_Threat » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:35 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:I would have taken Beckett for Beltran straight up. Renteria would just be a bonus.

Beltran is the non-injured fantasy bust of the year. I do not think there is anyone even close to being as disasterous a pick as he has been that did not get injured and miss time.

Next season, barring a major last 2 months, he is going to be round 8-10 material at best.

:-D This is actually hilarious. 8-10 you think hes gonna go? WOW 8-o .

I realize a lot of people hate Beltran, but people will still take him 3rd round and in. Some people even had em in their first round for next year.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -20)

Postby mweir145 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:42 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:I would have taken Beckett for Beltran straight up. Renteria would just be a bonus.

Beltran is the non-injured fantasy bust of the year. I do not think there is anyone even close to being as disasterous a pick as he has been that did not get injured and miss time.

Next season, barring a major last 2 months, he is going to be round 8-10 material at best.

:-D This is actually hilarious. 8-10 you think hes gonna go? WOW 8-o .

I realize a lot of people hate Beltran, but people will still take him 3rd round and in. Some people even had em in their first round for next year.

Ya, I agree with the top 3 rounds. But unless he really turns it on, he won't be a first rounder.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -320)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers