Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Official "I hate Beltran" Club

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:57 pm

Rirruto wrote:Word around town is that he might be getting moved to the 2 spot tonight.

Great news...thanks for posting. Beltran in the 2 spot might be just the boost he needs to get it going. Especially if Wright/Floyd are batting right behind him. (bye, bye, Piazza).
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:59 pm

slomo007 wrote:
Rirruto wrote:Word around town is that he might be getting moved to the 2 spot tonight.

Great news...thanks for posting. Beltran in the 2 spot might be just the boost he needs to get it going. Especially if Wright/Floyd are batting right behind him. (bye, bye, Piazza).

Piazza has been batting 6 for awhile now.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -120)

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:03 pm

When Beltran batted second earlier in the season Floyd batted third so I would expect that to stay the same.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -167)

Postby slomo007 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:04 pm

Amazinz wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

Piazza has been batting 6 for awhile now.

Good news, haven't been following him lately (since I dropped him in June).

I picked him up again lately though, so hopefully his semi-decent hitting will continue. Regardless, he's better than Jorge Posada. That dude is more washed up than Piazza. :-P :-P
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Amazinz » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:16 pm

Well nevermind. It appears the first report was erroneous. I didn't hear it first-hand but supposedly Willie just said on WFAN that Beltran is in the 3-hole and is there to stay.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:21 pm

Amazinz wrote:Well nevermind. It appears the first report was erroneous. I didn't hear it first-hand but supposedly Willie just said on WFAN that Beltran is in the 3-hole and is there to stay.

Willie is my favorite manager. ;-7

I received a trade offer of Renteria and Beckett for Beltran the other day and I seriously almost took it. I rejected it after a lot of thought, so Beltran had better not make me look dumb (well, actually, it's too late for that - 4th pick).
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Philliebuster » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:54 pm

I'm glad there's someone else like me out there, I won't bring myself to sell low on Beltran out of principle. It may bite me in the keister, but just can't bring myself to do it.

slomo007 wrote:
Amazinz wrote:Well nevermind. It appears the first report was erroneous. I didn't hear it first-hand but supposedly Willie just said on WFAN that Beltran is in the 3-hole and is there to stay.

Willie is my favorite manager. ;-7

I received a trade offer of Renteria and Beckett for Beltran the other day and I seriously almost took it. I rejected it after a lot of thought, so Beltran had better not make me look dumb (well, actually, it's too late for that - 4th pick).
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:11 pm

I would have taken Beckett for Beltran straight up. Renteria would just be a bonus.

Beltran is the non-injured fantasy bust of the year. I do not think there is anyone even close to being as disasterous a pick as he has been that did not get injured and miss time.

Next season, barring a major last 2 months, he is going to be round 8-10 material at best.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -58)

Postby Amazinz » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:20 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Next season, barring a major last 2 months, he is going to be round 8-10 material at best.

And an excellent value if he drops that far.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:28 pm

He will likely drop even further by all but those who like to speculate too early. Just look what happened to Konerko the year after he went out and hit 230 or Burrell after he hit 209. Both off of solid seasons the year before. Or Dunn after he Mendoza lined people in 2003. They fell like bricks in the rankings to the late teen rounds.

Beltran is producing at roughly a:

260 20 HR 80 RBI 10 SB rate in the OF.

Those are roughly Matt Lawton numbers. Matt Lawton is a fantasy 4th or 5th OF.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -58)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers