Welll let's look at this a bit:
1. The Cordero being sent to the minors idea does not make a lot of sense asthat was awhile ago and hardly a reason to go off on and want to have surgery right after yesterday's game. Livan may be annoyed with it, but end his season over it does not make sense.
2. The pitch count theory is flawed also. Livan likes to pitch. This is nothing new in years past and I hardly think all of a sudden he has converted to the 100 pitch count theory.
3. He gets no respect as an Ace from the Nats management. Now this makes sense. It would tick me off. I could see frustration levels climbing and boiling over at some point because of it.
4. Not being paid enough...possibly a contributing factor to #3, but I doubt the major factor driving this.
5. NJ is a lame, excuse making cry baby in combo with #3. He loses because his team can not score and maybe Livan is tired of it while his teammate sits out long stretches of time with the lamest of injuries. I could see this being the root cause. I bust my a**, pitch a lot with a painful knee, get little repsect or thanks for it while someone like NJ sits on the bench for a month+ with sore heels, hang nails, etc.