Return to Baseball Leftovers

Random But, What The Hell Did The Expos Symbol Stand 4?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby MMoNeY24 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:30 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
jblank wrote:People, its an "M", as in Montreal.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Lol yes, I couldn't believe nobody said it. It's an "M" just split into 3 colors.

MMoNeY24 wrote:I've never even seen it as ELB, I just looked at it and still do as a 3 color M with little tails on both sides. I could swear that's what it is too

I don't have an explanation for the Blazers one, just weird.

;-7
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -73)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:34 pm

I just read recently that the C in the Canadiens logo does not stand for Canadiens and that the H stands for Hockey (just in case you were confused). Club du Hockey or something like that. Kooky Canadians. :-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -120)

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:36 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
9er Fan wrote:Wasn't it an Me as in 'Montreal Expos'? Now the Portland Trailblazer insignia (I live there) is one that is truly mystifying.

I always thought that the black represented a "blazed trail" and the red represented a fiery trail that was still being blazed... But what do I know?

It says right on their site that the logo is a modern graphic interpretation of the game of basketball, five players from one side playing against five players from another.

So obviously the people in Portland are just as kooky as the Canadians. :-b
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -120)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:40 pm

Amazinz wrote:I just read recently that the C in the Canadiens logo does not stand for Canadiens and that the H stands for Hockey (just in case you were confused). Club du Hockey or something like that. Kooky Canadians. :-)

I actually thought that the H stood for 'Habs', and never even considered that it stood for hockey, lol. :-?

One thing we can all agree on is kooky canadiens, though :-)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby Ron Santo » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:28 pm

matmat wrote:
Ron Santo wrote:
As for the Blazers, I assumed the red crap and the black crap was supposed to represent a trial?

whose trial? O:-) O:-) :-D

eek. Obviously I meant trail, but trial is oddly fitting given the team we are discussing ;-D
"People ask me what I do in the winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."-- Rogers Hornsby
Ron Santo
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers