Return to Baseball Leftovers

Random But, What The Hell Did The Expos Symbol Stand 4?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Random But, What The Hell Did The Expos Symbol Stand 4?

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:37 pm

it looked like a lower case red e, with a white l coming out of it and then a blue l and o bunched together. haha what in gods name did it mean or stand for or whatever????
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:40 pm

Wasn't it an Me as in 'Montreal Expos'? Now the Portland Trailblazer insignia (I live there) is one that is truly mystifying.
9er Fan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Jury » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:42 pm

It just stand for Montreal Expos Baseball. The white part is nothing.
The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -13)

Postby Ron Santo » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:42 pm

I think the Expos was ME...

As for the Blazers, I assumed the red crap and the black crap was supposed to represent a trail?
"People ask me what I do in the winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."-- Rogers Hornsby
Ron Santo
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)

Re: Random But, What The Hell Did The Expos Symbol Stand 4?

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:43 pm

NYMetsIn2k4 wrote:it looked like a lower case red e, with a white l coming out of it and then a blue l and o bunched together. haha what in gods name did it mean or stand for or whatever????

Haha, good question. ;-D

About.com wrote:Question
I was wondering what the letters in the expos M logo stand for. From what i can see there is a e, j, b and then the m in that one letter. I had once heard of what they stood for but can no longer remember. Your reply would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
Bruce

Answer
Hi Bruce

First of all, there is a misconception out there that there is a J in the equation, but there isn't. Only the E, the B and the M as a whole. So it stands for Expos Baseball, and the M stands for Montreal, which goes as Montreal Expos Baseball, it's as simple as that :)

I always thought it just spelled "elb." :-? It makes no sense, but hey...I was 10. I'm allowed to be stupid at that age. :-B

It was almost as much as a mystery as the Atlanta Hawks logo. I always stared at it and said..."Why do the Hawks use a logo of a one-toothed Pac-Man?" :-b

Last edited by Mercer Boy on Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -250)

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:44 pm

9er Fan wrote:Wasn't it an Me as in 'Montreal Expos'? Now the Portland Trailblazer insignia (I live there) is one that is truly mystifying.

I always thought that the black represented a "blazed trail" and the red represented a fiery trail that was still being blazed... But what do I know?
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -486)

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:47 pm

yeah i always thought it said elb too... and as for the hawks i thought the same exact thing, haha [/img]
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:52 pm

im literally sitting here staring at the symbol and it doesnt make any sense, like i see the red e, and the blue b, but the white j/l coming out of the red e is too obvious. if its just there to make the symbol as a whole look like an M, then its a horrible job... i have no idea how to post pictures but can some1 throw one out there so we can all marvel at its supidity and gaze in confusion at baseballs most ambiguous logo
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ron Santo » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:52 pm

good lord, I wasn't the only kid who made the Pac Man- Hawks connection?
"People ask me what I do in the winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."-- Rogers Hornsby
Ron Santo
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:54 pm

NYMetsIn2k4 wrote:im literally sitting here staring at the symbol and it doesnt make any sense, like i see the red e, and the blue b, but the white j/l coming out of the red e is too obvious. if its just there to make the symbol as a whole look like an M, then its a horrible job... i have no idea how to post pictures but can some1 throw one out there so we can all marvel at its supidity and gaze in confusion at baseballs most ambiguous logo

Prepare to stupify yourself...:-S

The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -250)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers