Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rule Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rule Question

Postby agchris02 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:15 am

Just idle curiosity here, but, what happens if a player is injured severly when running the bases on a HR? Let's say even a game winning HR -- in the following situations

1) He does it leaving the box and never makes it to base
2) does it rounding first

I know Ive seen walk off HR's where the player never reached home because of celebrations -- and that run didnt count, though the game was over since the winning run crossed the plate (3 guys on or something)

Has this ever happened??

(If youre curious why i was wondering, about a week ago on sports center they played this idiotic minute long clip of some blue jay limping around the bases after he hurt himself on a HR and taking a year and a day to get home)
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MMoNeY24 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:17 pm

I'm pretty sure you have to cross the plate, even if you have to crawl around the bases.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -73)

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:27 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:I'm pretty sure you have to cross the plate, even if you have to crawl around the bases.

I think that's the case, too. I know way back in the day you could get to first and someone else could finish running around for you, but I don't think you can do that now...
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -486)

Postby LooseCannon » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:52 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:I'm pretty sure you have to cross the plate, even if you have to crawl around the bases.

Do whatever you have to do.....has it ever happened before, though?
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -460)

Return to Baseball Leftovers