Return to Baseball Leftovers

"yankee hating"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:12 am

Registered_Guest wrote:We all have opinions. I hate the Yankees and don't hide it. How can you not poke fun at having a $200+ million payroll and be trotting out Tony Womack out in the OF??

I saw the 5 pages of Jeter/Pods discussion. I quit talking about a page previous to that. Pods is an all-star (That's all I care about). I hate the woulda/shoulda/coulda debates. :-t


If you hate those debates, don't get involved. If you read them, you know I wasn't saying Jeter should be in the all-star game, I was saying he was better than Pods.

I wasn't just defending the Yankees because their the Yankees. Alot of other people were defending Jeter, people who probably hate the Yankees and what they stand for. But again, just because you don't like the debate doesn't mean people aren't allowed to discuss it. Just don't pay attention, that's all.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11622
(Past Year: -297)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:12 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:Maybe you don't notice it because you don't root for the Yankees or the Red Sox, but there are ALOT of snide remarks made, whether joking or not, that inspire most of us to get annoyed. Because the Yankees and the Red Sox are the two most hated teams in baseball, alot of people make alot of smart alleck remarks in almost EVERY thread regarding them. Maybe if everyone kept to the subject instead of making those remarks, nobody would get annoyed or angry.

The problem starts there. If people can not take little shots at those teams, there would be no problem. I for one, have NO problem discussing weaknesses or things that go against the Yankees favor. It's when people make useless remarks to try to sound cute that I get irritated. No other teams are treated that way, and I understand, as Yankee fan that I need to be aware that I'm going to take more abuse than say, a Minnesota Twin fan or something. But the problem is with everyone, not just the fans of those teams.

That's my take anyway. Take whatever you want from it.


You know that it is usually Yankee fans making the snide remarks regarding the Bo-Sox, and thats its usually Bo-Sox fans making the snide remarks about Yankee fans. Not to make any generalizations, but that is just the way things are concerning baseball in the AL East.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16464
(Past Year: -320)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:15 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:
Registered_Guest wrote:We all have opinions. I hate the Yankees and don't hide it. How can you not poke fun at having a $200+ million payroll and be trotting out Tony Womack out in the OF??

I saw the 5 pages of Jeter/Pods discussion. I quit talking about a page previous to that. Pods is an all-star (That's all I care about). I hate the woulda/shoulda/coulda debates. :-t


If you hate those debates, don't get involved. If you read them, you know I wasn't saying Jeter should be in the all-star game, I was saying he was better than Pods.

I wasn't just defending the Yankees because their the Yankees. Alot of other people were defending Jeter, people who probably hate the Yankees and what they stand for. But again, just because you don't like the debate doesn't mean people aren't allowed to discuss it. Just don't pay attention, that's all.


Yes, I for one was defending Jeter because I felt he should have been an All Star, and not Pods.. And BTW, I am certainly no Yankee fan.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16464
(Past Year: -320)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Postby blankman » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:15 am

Quite simply, you are asking for a free pass to say whatever useless things you want that you deem negative about the Yankees with no response and you just aren't going to get it and you shouldn't.

This is the same thing for the other teams.

I can't just go and say things like "I hate the Sox. screw the sox; they are ruining baseball; they bought a championship etc" and not expect to be blasted for how useless and narrow-minded those comments are. And you should expect a response when you say things like that about any team as well. Loving and supporting your team is fine as well as disliking another team, but when you hatred dictate your comments, you've gone over the line and should expect and deserve a response. Its as simple as that.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10559
(Past Year: -211)
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:17 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:Maybe you don't notice it because you don't root for the Yankees or the Red Sox, but there are ALOT of snide remarks made, whether joking or not, that inspire most of us to get annoyed. Because the Yankees and the Red Sox are the two most hated teams in baseball, alot of people make alot of smart alleck remarks in almost EVERY thread regarding them. Maybe if everyone kept to the subject instead of making those remarks, nobody would get annoyed or angry.

The problem starts there. If people can not take little shots at those teams, there would be no problem. I for one, have NO problem discussing weaknesses or things that go against the Yankees favor. It's when people make useless remarks to try to sound cute that I get irritated. No other teams are treated that way, and I understand, as Yankee fan that I need to be aware that I'm going to take more abuse than say, a Minnesota Twin fan or something. But the problem is with everyone, not just the fans of those teams.

That's my take anyway. Take whatever you want from it.



All kidding aside, I have said it before and I will say it again that this is the most anti-NY fantasy board I am aware of. Both the Yanks and Mets are routinely bashed here with reckless abandon without any consequences. The Red Sox take it too also to a lesser degree. If the mods allow it, then the inevitable responses will come.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9473
(Past Year: -58)
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:18 am

There is alot of that mweir, I agree. But alot of people make negative remarks in Yankee threads that aren't BoSox fans. Whether it's just a cheap shot at the actual team, or they say Yankee fans think the world revolves around them. Things like that piss people off. If people can't see that then there's something wrong with them.

I'd like to see how people would respond to me if I constantly went into threads doing what they do. If I go into the KC Royals forum and tell them that their team is a joke and they should be contracted (note for the slow: I don't really feel that way, just making a point), how do you think they'd act? If I went into a thread regarding Brian Giles and told them they should take it to the San Diego Forum, what response would I get?

Those are things that happen constantly in Yankee threads, and probably Red Sox threads, though I don't read as many of those. There are always comments like that. I wish people could have a civilized discussion when it comes to the Yankees or the Red Sox, but someone always turns it into bickering.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11622
(Past Year: -297)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:20 am

mweir145 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:Maybe you don't notice it because you don't root for the Yankees or the Red Sox, but there are ALOT of snide remarks made, whether joking or not, that inspire most of us to get annoyed. Because the Yankees and the Red Sox are the two most hated teams in baseball, alot of people make alot of smart alleck remarks in almost EVERY thread regarding them. Maybe if everyone kept to the subject instead of making those remarks, nobody would get annoyed or angry.

The problem starts there. If people can not take little shots at those teams, there would be no problem. I for one, have NO problem discussing weaknesses or things that go against the Yankees favor. It's when people make useless remarks to try to sound cute that I get irritated. No other teams are treated that way, and I understand, as Yankee fan that I need to be aware that I'm going to take more abuse than say, a Minnesota Twin fan or something. But the problem is with everyone, not just the fans of those teams.

That's my take anyway. Take whatever you want from it.


You know that it is usually Yankee fans making the snide remarks regarding the Bo-Sox, and thats its usually Bo-Sox fans making the snide remarks about Yankee fans. Not to make any generalizations, but that is just the way things are concerning baseball in the AL East.


That's simply not true. I see comments that relate to a narrow-minded hatred for the Yankees from Seattle fans, San Diego fans, LA fans, its all over the place. The same but to a lesser extent is the case with the Sox.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10559
(Past Year: -211)
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WharfRat » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:21 am

mweir145 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:Maybe you don't notice it because you don't root for the Yankees or the Red Sox, but there are ALOT of snide remarks made, whether joking or not, that inspire most of us to get annoyed. Because the Yankees and the Red Sox are the two most hated teams in baseball, alot of people make alot of smart alleck remarks in almost EVERY thread regarding them. Maybe if everyone kept to the subject instead of making those remarks, nobody would get annoyed or angry.

The problem starts there. If people can not take little shots at those teams, there would be no problem. I for one, have NO problem discussing weaknesses or things that go against the Yankees favor. It's when people make useless remarks to try to sound cute that I get irritated. No other teams are treated that way, and I understand, as Yankee fan that I need to be aware that I'm going to take more abuse than say, a Minnesota Twin fan or something. But the problem is with everyone, not just the fans of those teams.

That's my take anyway. Take whatever you want from it.


You know that it is usually Yankee fans making the snide remarks regarding the Bo-Sox, and thats its usually Bo-Sox fans making the snide remarks about Yankee fans. Not to make any generalizations, but that is just the way things are concerning baseball in the AL East.


In actuality -- and I'm not saying this is you -- but there are plenty of snide remarks about the Yankees AND us fans, made by fans of other teams as well. This isn't just a Sox/Yanks thing, let's be realistic. Some of the worst people, when it comes to pointless potshots at the Yanks and the fanbase, are definitely not Sox fans. And most Sox fans here don't conduct themselves that way at all, either, they have opinions but they're not instigators, for the most part. But I think Bronx Bombers summed it up best, and you did so too. When you hear enough garbage thrown around by a minority, it starts to stink up the whole place.

And this might be the case for the Sox, too, but I doubt I'd notice those so much since I'm a Yankee fan anyway.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2878
(Past Year: -178)
Joined: 27 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Walking my fish

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:22 am

You have been here long enough BronxBombers to know that 90% of the stuff in this forum consists of:

1. Yankee Bashing.
2. Yankee vs Red Sox arguments
3. Yankee vs Met arguments.
4. Bonds apologists defending him like some shady lawyer.
5. Roids vs non-roids player arguments (one of my personal favorites).


The other 10% actually has to do with fantasy baseball.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9473
(Past Year: -58)
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:24 am

blankman wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:Maybe you don't notice it because you don't root for the Yankees or the Red Sox, but there are ALOT of snide remarks made, whether joking or not, that inspire most of us to get annoyed. Because the Yankees and the Red Sox are the two most hated teams in baseball, alot of people make alot of smart alleck remarks in almost EVERY thread regarding them. Maybe if everyone kept to the subject instead of making those remarks, nobody would get annoyed or angry.

The problem starts there. If people can not take little shots at those teams, there would be no problem. I for one, have NO problem discussing weaknesses or things that go against the Yankees favor. It's when people make useless remarks to try to sound cute that I get irritated. No other teams are treated that way, and I understand, as Yankee fan that I need to be aware that I'm going to take more abuse than say, a Minnesota Twin fan or something. But the problem is with everyone, not just the fans of those teams.

That's my take anyway. Take whatever you want from it.


You know that it is usually Yankee fans making the snide remarks regarding the Bo-Sox, and thats its usually Bo-Sox fans making the snide remarks about Yankee fans. Not to make any generalizations, but that is just the way things are concerning baseball in the AL East.


That's simply not true. I see comments that relate to a narrow-minded hatred for the Yankees from Seattle fans, San Diego fans, LA fans, its all over the place. The same but to a lesser extent is the case with the Sox.


Yes that is true, The Yankees are the most hated team in baseball, much more so than the Bo-Sox. I mean i was just reading the last page of the "Jeter snubbed" topic, and I caught a few of these snide comments like " You Yankee fans should stop crying over Jeter's snub." I think that was from a Met fan though I can't remember. But you must admit, Yankees fans and Sox fans usually disagree on alot of things..
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16464
(Past Year: -320)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron