Return to Baseball Leftovers

oswalt in (Pods too)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:25 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I have not read this entire thread but I have one question for Blank and any other Yankee fan complaining. Did you vote. If you did then you can say whatever you want. If you didn't vote then stop your complaining.

Yes. I voted for Jeter and Oswalt in all 25 of my ballots.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -211)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:29 pm

Shakes wrote:
WharfRat wrote:
Shakes wrote:ya posd wouldn't have been my 1st choice to get in either. I would like to ahve seen crawford but that is just cause i like him.

But honestly i voted for pods just cause i wanted to see yankee fans whine when thier precious Capt. Intanagbles didn't make the squad.

though i did vote for oswalt (with a few votes for myers)

Like I said before. Yankee-haters. Votes like that helped Pods get in over more deserving players like Hunter or....Jeter.

i would consider myself more of a yankee fan hater then a yankee hater. I respect the yankees for what they did accomplish. But i will never respect the fans (espially the bandwagon fans) that try to give the sox a hard time.

Could you possibly change your avatar, since its the same one nsulham has? I almost thought you were him :-o
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby davidmarver » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:36 pm

blankman wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:I have not read this entire thread but I have one question for Blank and any other Yankee fan complaining. Did you vote. If you did then you can say whatever you want. If you didn't vote then stop your complaining.

You can vote for more than 25.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -328)

Postby Carey Saders » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:07 pm

davidmarver wrote:
blankman wrote:

If you have the time, you can.

This is why I've stopped watching shows like American Idol. It's unfair that people can vote multiple times. I know for a FACT that Jeter received more votes if everyone was only allowed to vote once. Ridiculous.
Carey Saders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:12 pm

Carey Saders wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
blankman wrote:

This is why I've stopped watching shows like American Idol. It's unfair that people can vote multiple times. I know for a FACT that Jeter received more votes if everyone was only allowed to vote once. Ridiculous.

Not to nitpick here (well actually, precisely to nitpick), but how do you know this for a fact? I'm not saying I disagree, as I'm not really sure, but I'd like you to back this claim up, or not make one similar in the future. I'm not saying no such proof exists, either. If it does, I'd just like to see it.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby blankman » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:20 pm

Even more than 25 times this time? That's even more ludacris.

I could hire a couple cheap laborers to click and type continuously for those days and amass a million votes on my own. It's just retarded.

One vote for everyone for both the Starters and Final Vote would make the results more indicative of the fans' actual preference.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Carey Saders » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:22 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Carey Saders wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
blankman wrote:

Not to nitpick here (well actually, precisely to nitpick), but how do you know this for a fact? I'm not saying I disagree, as I'm not really sure, but I'd like you to back this claim up, or not make one similar in the future. I'm not saying no such proof exists, either. If it does, I'd just like to see it.

Here's the evidence:
1) Pods beat out Jeter in a "close race" (according to MLB.com)
2) Jeter was actually ahead late on Wednesday so it was obviously close.
3) Pods won as a result of the Podsednik Plan (or whatever it's called).
4) Jeter fans and those who voted correctly figured that 10 or so votes would be adequate for the obvious choice to win.
5) Podsednik fans and those who voted poorly knew they better develop carpal tunnel real fast in order for Pods to possibly pinch run in the All-Star Game.

Sometimes "fact" means knowing something is true because it is.

If you want me to quote a source, here it is...

Carey Saders wrote:I know for a FACT that Jeter received more votes if everyone was only allowed to vote once. Ridiculous.

P.S. Let me make it perfectly clear that I'm a Braves fan with the Red Sox coming in 2nd on my list of favorite teams. I "hate" Jeter but I hate it even worse that he was shafted. He's on the freakin' All-Star Pin Ball commercial for crying out loud!
Carey Saders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby davidmarver » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:24 pm

Everyone's so quick to forget that Podsednik helps the AL team more than Jeter. Podsednik brings something to the table that the AL team doesn't have...Michael Young and Tejada are virtual equals to Jeter. The AL team has a better chance to win with :-] as the 32nd man instead of Jeter.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Carey Saders » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:27 pm

davidmarver wrote:Everyone's so quick to forget that Podsednik helps the AL team more than Jeter. Podsednik brings something to the table that the AL team doesn't have...Michael Young and Tejada are virtual equals to Jeter. The AL team has a better chance to win with :-] as the 32nd man instead of Jeter.

But I want the NL to win, dang it!
Carey Saders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby davidmarver » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:27 pm

Carey Saders wrote:
davidmarver wrote:Everyone's so quick to forget that Podsednik helps the AL team more than Jeter. Podsednik brings something to the table that the AL team doesn't have...Michael Young and Tejada are virtual equals to Jeter. The AL team has a better chance to win with :-] as the 32nd man instead of Jeter.

But I want the NL to win, dang it!

So do I.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers