Return to General Talk

Post Office

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Post Office

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:43 am

I was at the post office yesterday to buy some stamps. As always I had to wait in line. When it was finally my turn I asked for some stamps and the woman said that they were sold out. I laughed but she said that she was serious. My response was "but you're the post office...."

They were sold out of stamps and wouldn't have any until next week. I asked why they were even open and she said that they were accepting letters. I said "so you're like a mailbox? Maybe you could put a mailbox out front with a sign saying that you are sold out of stamps, come back next week. Then you could close up and save the taxpayers some money." Actually I just thought that, I didn't say it out loud.

The post office sucks.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -416)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:51 am

I never get stamps at the post office anymore. The local grocery store sells them, so I don't have to wait in line and they are open later than 5 p.m.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1020)

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:59 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:I never get stamps at the post office anymore. The local grocery store sells them, so I don't have to wait in line and they are open later than 5 p.m.

i work at a grocery store, and we sell stamps as well... but alot of people must agree with ya pogo, because we sell about 200 books of stamps a week and the thing is there is a post office about 1/2 mile down the road........

do you want me to send you some mookie???? ;-7 :-D
raiders_umpire

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -786)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:03 am

The store hours are the main thing. By the time I get off work the Post Office is closed so I have to go during lunch or Saturday. I'm at the grocery store once a week anyway so I just get stamps there.

BTW - I find the idea of mailing stamps to be incredibly funny for some reason. :-b
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1020)

Postby Rkiivs » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:04 am

Agreed. There's probably a lot of places that sell stamps that you don't realize. Here, the Ace hardware stores actually have a post office outlet right in their store. Grocery ands stationary stores sell them also.

Don't go...er...postal, man.
Rkiivs Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Innovative Member
(Past Year: -25)

Postby BigMusky » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:18 am

There is never a line at our post office. What do you need stamps for anyway? I use about one book a year.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -85)

Postby RugbyD » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:25 am

BigMusky wrote:There is never a line at our post office. What do you need stamps for anyway? I use about one book a year.

I don't trust the security of any info I would provide to do online bill paying. I know too many people that could, but don't, hack into that stufff with terrifying ease.
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: -2)

Postby Iguana » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:30 am

A post office being out of stamps is like a grocery store out of food.
Iguana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:25 am

I need to send stuff by mail for work. People like getting hard copies of certain things, especially their bills.

I also buy them in rolls of 100. I tried buying them at the corner store and at the grocery store and I always get a dirty looks when I clean them out of all of their stamps. ;-)

The stupid post office has pissed me off so much that I think that I'll buy a stamp machine.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -416)

Postby RugbyD » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:34 am

Mookie4ever wrote:I need to send stuff by mail for work. People like getting hard copies of certain things, especially their bills.

I also buy them in rolls of 100. I tried buying them at the corner store and at the grocery store and I always get a dirty looks when I clean them out of all of their stamps. ;-)

The stupid post office has pissed me off so much that I think that I'll buy a stamp machine.

get one of those postage meters that they show on TV.
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: -2)

Next

Return to General Talk