Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hot trade rumors???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:32 pm

nuggets wrote:
blankman wrote:
MMoNeY24 wrote:I got more on Kotsay, didn't realize they wanted both prospects AND Cano...

Newsday wrote:When Oakland set its asking price for centerfielder Mark Kotsay at Cano along with two former first-round picks, Class A righthander Philip Hughes and Double-A third baseman Eric Duncan, the Yankees didn't consider it. And they don't plan to. The Yankees also have scouted outfielders Randy Winn of Seattle and Juan Pierre and Juan Encarnacion of Florida but currently consider the asking prices too steep.

Thank god that aren't that stupid. 3 top prospects for Kotsay? Beane is dreaming.

If the Yankees trade Cano, even for Soriano, who's like 8 years older, I'm going to flip out. %-6

Don't tell me that you Yanks fans who want immidiate success wouldn't love to have Soriano back for that price!

For Wang and Cano? Hell no. I don't want that.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -297)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:35 pm

nuggets wrote:
blankman wrote:
MMoNeY24 wrote:I got more on Kotsay, didn't realize they wanted both prospects AND Cano...

Newsday wrote:When Oakland set its asking price for centerfielder Mark Kotsay at Cano along with two former first-round picks, Class A righthander Philip Hughes and Double-A third baseman Eric Duncan, the Yankees didn't consider it. And they don't plan to. The Yankees also have scouted outfielders Randy Winn of Seattle and Juan Pierre and Juan Encarnacion of Florida but currently consider the asking prices too steep.

Thank god that aren't that stupid. 3 top prospects for Kotsay? Beane is dreaming.

If the Yankees trade Cano, even for Soriano, who's like 8 years older, I'm going to flip out. %-6

Don't tell me that you Yanks fans who want immidiate success wouldn't love to have Soriano back for that price!

I'd rather have Cano and I'd appreciate it if you could for once post something about the Yankees without stereotyping the fans or attacking the team. I want Cano in a Yankee uniform for years to come and that's it.

Stereotypying makes you sound real smart and knowledgable ;-7
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -211)

Postby MMoNeY24 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:38 pm

There's really no point in giving up anything for Soriano right now, for one - he'll be a free agent next year and he could possibly sign with us and we get to keep the prospects, and two - there's no guarantee that he'd re-sign if we traded for him.

Not saying I wouldn't want him, I'd love to have him back, but we'd be better off waiting 'till the offseason to try and get him.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -73)

Postby blankman » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:40 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:There's really no point in giving up anything for Soriano right now, for one - he'll be a free agent next year and he could possibly sign with us and we get to keep the prospects, and two - there's no guarantee that he'd re-sign if we traded for him.

Not saying I wouldn't want him, I'd love to have him back, but we'd be better off waiting 'till the offseason to try and get him.

Agreed. I'd like to have Soriano and his speed back on the team, but not at the cost of Cano or Wang. To me, Soriano would have to learn LF or CF to play on this team, because Cano is better defensively at 2B and he's the 2B of the future as well.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:40 pm

The Roto Authority wrote:i have a feeling kotsay ends up with the Cubs...although they will have to give up more than corey patterson to get him.

can't see why oakland would desire encarnacion - .314 career OBP. duncan looks decent in AAA this year but he'd have to learn a new position to play for the As.

preston wilson, in all his overpaid suckiness, might be dealt if there's a sucker out there.
Patterson and more for Kotsay? No way that will happen. Patterson maybe sucking but he is young and Kotasy isn't anything special.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -946)

Postby tiger spit » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:47 pm

cano will be an elite 2b in the AL as soon as next season. even if he only hits 280 but hits what looks like a lock of 20+ power that would put him in the top of the pack in AL.. we dont need sori anymore. i dont miss sori swinging at every pitch thrown at him.. cano will be at 2nd for years ;-D .

as far as kotsay goes. id like to bring him in here but hes an "alright" player nothing more. hes got more guts than tools which i think the yanks are missing.
i would NOT deal Hughes ,Duncan and Cano.. we finally have a damb farm again. theres a ton of talent in the A,AA levels.. with the club as old as it is lets let it grow...

oh, and duncan is not blocked by arod. he can move over to first and we'll have a young 1b with 40 hr power...
tiger spit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:53 pm

I love Soriano and he was my favorite player here, still is one of my 3 or 4 favorites. However, I still wouldn't give up those two for him. Cano will be among the top 2B in the league next year, as tiger spit said.

Not thrilling numbers, but not many second baseman can put up respectable numbers anymore, aside from Soriano and Roberts.

As I've said before, enough with the all-star team. You don't need an infield of Soriano-Rodriguez-Jeter to win. The 1996 Yankees had freakin' Mariano Duncan at 2nd base.

If the Yankees do trade those two guys, it BETTER be for a top of the line pitcher, not for a freaking 2nd baseman that they don't need. Though, I personally would not trade either of them for anything.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -297)

Postby blankman » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:02 pm

tiger spit wrote:oh, and duncan is not blocked by arod. he can move over to first and we'll have a young 1b with 40 hr power...

Duncan has no where near that power from what I've read. I understand him to be a patient hitter who bats for average at a slight sacrifice to power. That's just what the Yankees need ;-D They have enough HR hitters.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers