Return to Baseball Leftovers

What the?!?!!? Beltran was dropped in my league.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby MMoNeY24 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:42 pm

flyguys20 wrote:maybe you can add/drop like 6 times really fast and get the beltran transaction off the main screen before anybody else notices?

LOL, my friend did that when Chavez was dropped to waivers (he had the last waiver) and it worked, he got him a couple of days later.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -73)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FlawedReasoning » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:42 pm

flyguys20 wrote:maybe you can add/drop like 6 times really fast and get the beltran transaction off the main screen before anybody else notices?

Oohhhh... That's good. ;-D
FlawedReasoning
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Steve-o » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:48 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:Isn't he on the cant cut list?

That was my first thought too. I looked it up and he is not. Amazingly.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -16)

Postby .38 Special » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:49 pm

There is a husband and wife in the league...the husband has # 7. She is in second place....just surprising. Everyone is hoarding 2B, SS, and 3B positions. There are some really nice OF out on the wire.....but no infielders.
.38 Special
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)

Postby AT » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:50 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:

LOL, my friend did that when Chavez was dropped to waivers (he had the last waiver) and it worked, he got him a couple of days later.

This is one of the more underrated and saviest moves a fantasy manager can make. It's pure brilliance. Only the more active and aware fantasy managers will notice it.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -275)

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:09 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:
MMoNeY24 wrote:

This is one of the more underrated and saviest moves a fantasy manager can make. It's pure brilliance. Only the more active and aware fantasy managers will notice it.

lol... I laughed when I read that. I don't play in a league where that would work because we have a very tight transactions budget, but I thought it was a pretty funny idea.

:-D ;-D
Want an easy icon?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=133
All you have to do is beat a few guys at picking Sunday's winners.[/url]
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -302)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby The G-Man » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:24 pm

Wow, I am stunned. How can anyone drop Beltan.

I wonder if he was trying to drop Beltre and made a mistake. I remember the thread where Mauer was dropped by mistake instead of Mays.
The G-Man
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby jeffwarsh » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:28 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:
MMoNeY24 wrote:

lol... I laughed when I read that. I don't play in a league where that would work because we have a very tight transactions budget, but I thought it was a pretty funny idea.

:-D ;-D

Yup, I did this to pick up Beltre when he was dropped and it worked like a charm! (well, except for the Beltre not playing well part)
jeffwarsh
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Jury » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:10 pm

The G-Man wrote:Wow, I am stunned. How can anyone drop Beltan.

I wonder if he was trying to drop Beltre and made a mistake. I remember the thread where Mauer was dropped by mistake instead of Mays.

Beltre or Beltran would be the same thing.

Obviously I wouldn't drop Beltran if I had him, but both are struggling mightily and the fantasy managers who play in the "who's producing for me right now" frame of mind will make such moves. Beltran has potential and a track record (he's a first round pick) but he's been junk so far.
The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -13)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers