Return to Baseball Leftovers

I Just Bet $100 Brian Roberts

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dorje3 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:39 pm

max1889 wrote:Haha. As a Sox fan I can never bring myself to take a yankee aswell.


Never.

It is a pretty solid team for having an all latino handicap:

V Martinez
P Feliz
Roberts
Furcal
Chavez
C Lee
V Guerrero
M Cabrera
C Beltran

Ol Perez
C Zambrano
F Rodriguez
F Cordero
Y Brazoban
B Fuentes
E Santana
Od Perez

Ten teams h2h. Reyes would be a nice addition for steals. My starting rotation is my only weakness.
Its really too bad I can't trade Roberts for Reyes...
dorje3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 778
Joined: 29 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby myteamsucks » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:39 pm

wait, what does higher mean again? 26 to 25 or 24 to 25. i assume u want a ranking lower than 25, thus u win the money.
myteamsucks
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 532
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dorje3 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:40 pm

myteamsucks wrote:wait, what does higher mean again? 26 to 25 or 24 to 25. i assume u want a ranking lower than 25, thus u win the money.

Yes, I mean he will finish with a better rank than twenty five. #1 is the highest rank.
dorje3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 778
Joined: 29 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:31 pm

dorje3 wrote:
max1889 wrote:Haha. As a Sox fan I can never bring myself to take a yankee aswell.


Never.

It is a pretty solid team for having an all latino handicap:

V Martinez
P Feliz
Roberts
Furcal
Chavez
C Lee
V Guerrero
M Cabrera
C Beltran

Ol Perez
C Zambrano
F Rodriguez
F Cordero
Y Brazoban
B Fuentes
E Santana
Od Perez

Ten teams h2h. Reyes would be a nice addition for steals. My starting rotation is my only weakness.
Its really too bad I can't trade Roberts for Reyes...


Apparently it's just a "Latin-sounding name" team. You'd need to trade Fuentes and Chavez too to make it all-Latin. They were both born in CA. Their names are BRIAN and ERIC for crying out loud. Just because they have Latin-sounding names doesn't mean they're Latin...
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13223
(Past Year: -487)
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Building a metric. And being ignorable and stupid.

Postby dorje3 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:42 pm

California is part of Latin America. Chaves and Fuentes were raised by latino families. I consider them latino.
dorje3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 778
Joined: 29 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jzfran » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:23 pm

heres why u mad a bad bet:
Brian's Career Splits
April: .342
May: .289
June: .281
July: .268
August: .267
September: .254

heres a link for full splits (oter than avg): http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/6 ... pe=Batting
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2295
(Past Year: -27)
Joined: 4 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Jury » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:32 pm

jzfran wrote:heres why u mad a bad bet:
Brian's Career Splits
April: .342
May: .289
June: .281
July: .268
August: .267
September: .254

heres a link for full splits (oter than avg): http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/6 ... pe=Batting


"heres why u mad a GOOD bet:" :-D

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3559064

:-D
The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3315
(Past Year: -13)
Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Irish » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:37 pm

dorje3 wrote:California is part of Latin America. Chaves and Fuentes were raised by latino families. I consider them latino.


Sounds like a cop out to me.

Uh.....yeah.......Canada is part of France too right?

Trade them immediately or your whole theme is a sham.
Image
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2160
(Past Year: -3)
Joined: 5 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WittyC » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:38 pm

jzfran wrote:heres why u mad a bad bet:
Brian's Career Splits
April: .342
May: .289
June: .281
July: .268
August: .267
September: .254

heres a link for full splits (oter than avg): http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/6 ... pe=Batting


That's a joke, right? He has 1776 career AB's... don't you think this year's performance might have influeneced his April, May and June splits a little?

I would take him top-25 for hitters, no problem... but the Y! rankings also ranks pitchers. I'd say it's 50/50 he's top 25 at year's end.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1092
(Past Year: -4)
Joined: 3 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dillon, CO

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests