Return to Baseball Leftovers

Raul Ibanez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Raul Ibanez

Postby baseball2003 » Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:45 am

A new stud blooming a little late or a one year wonder? Do you take the chance or let someone else take the risk? He hit almost as many homers last year as his whole career combined but it was also his first chance to play full time.
baseball2003

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby trevisc » Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:00 am

the guy is 30 years old and has been in the league for 7 years. I just don't feel comfortable taking him unless it's for a backup. I personally don't see me using a draft pick on him.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -258)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby MikeeDee » Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:31 am

It looks like he'll be a starter again this year and I like taking a gamble now and then. But I have to admit I wouldn't feel comfortable having to rely on him too much. Nice later round pick up though.
MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -9)

Postby yeyo44 » Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:36 am

This guy is not a stud or a breakout player. He shined when Sweeny was hurt, thats all. LOOK!!! He plays for the Royals. The only player you draft from them is Sweeny.
yeyo44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -8)

Postby jnr98 » Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:55 am

I'd view him as a late round pick, as his multi-position eligability is key (1B/OF). He'll make a nice backup, spot starter or Utility player for my squad, as he was last year.

I wouldn't bid him up or get too excited, but perhaps he did "see the light" last season and he'll do it again. The Royals offense is just not good....in fact, it's abysmal. So I wouldn't expect a ton of runs or ribbies. A solid average, decent pop would be about right.
You may remember him as Joe the Policeman from the "What's Goin' Down?" episode of That's My Momma! Please welcome, Jackson Heights' own, Mr. Randy Watson! Sexual Chocolate!!!
jnr98
College Coach
College Coach

Cafe Writer

Return to Baseball Leftovers