I'm not that big on prospects, but we had a prospect draft in one of my leagues and the commish provided some great links to sites for prospect info, im just going to copy his info into here and want to give credit where credit is due
- this site is really good. updated daily with reports on players who are hot or noteworthy... its sometimes hard to predict a call-up but you can get a strong hint if a player is blazing...
- also updated daily .. sometimes gives strong hints on a call-up right on the front page... but know who is AAA or AA, and who is A.. i.e. he was talking up Jay Rainville who looks like a great pitcher but he's only 19 so its doubtful that he'll move up this year ..
.. check the "prospect hot sheet" and daily "dish" .. its a great source, but ignore single-A players for our draft... i highly recomend signing up for their e-mail list... it gives daily updates on what players are doing .. its probly the best way to keep on top of things, and to see a call-up coming
- very useful site because of their search engine (search any player and get their current stats ) .. if you don't sign up for the Baseball America list, you can just search a player here and get his stats
- my fave site for prospects.. this guy's oppinions are WAY different then most sites, and he gets alot of flack for it, yet he is sort of accurate in the long run.... scroll way down the articles, look for "potential call-ups" or Prospect Lists (theres 4 different ones AL pitchers, AL hitters, NL pitchers, NL hitters)
.. interesting/fun site.. alot of the readers here are smart and could probly run a real team... if you post and ask them about potential call-ups, you'll probly get good answers
- MLB rosters, he lists which minor-leaguers are "on the bubble" for each team ... sometimes he's a little off though, but he updates often "
you can also check the minor league forum at the cafe