Return to Baseball Leftovers

mulder's splits

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

mulder's splits

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:54 am

dont know if anyone noticed this, but it looks like you want to bench mulder for day games and start him for night games.

day
1-3, 35ip, 6.69era, 1.71whip, .340baa
night
7-1, 55.2ip, 2.75era, 1.08whip, .167baa

of course his 10 inning shutout of the stros came during the day so its not always right. seems to be better at home so if you are looking for ideal starts its home night games. its a small sample size so it may not really be a trend, just a quirk in the data.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/6393/splits
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -292)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jagfan21 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:59 am

whats your point? dont tell me youre gonna bench him

Lugo Watch: SB - 24 HR - 2

Rehab is for quitters.

(The Official Corey Patterson Screwed Me Over Club)
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1087805#1087805
Jagfan21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Re: mulder's splits

Postby jblank » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:04 am

j_d_mcnugent wrote:dont know if anyone noticed this, but it looks like you want to bench mulder for day games and start him for night games.

day
1-3, 35ip, 6.69era, 1.71whip, .340baa
night
7-1, 55.2ip, 2.75era, 1.08whip, .167baa

of course his 10 inning shutout of the stros came during the day so its not always right. seems to be better at home so if you are looking for ideal starts its home night games. its a small sample size so it may not really be a trend, just a quirk in the data.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/6393/splits

Good info there. Could be there is something to it, but seeing as I just traded for the guy, I will probably just spot start him 2 or 3 times until he gets back to pitching well. I dont think this rut he is in is permanent and I am confident he will have a good 2nd half. Duncan will whip him back into shape. ;-7
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby strong » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:06 am

As a general rule, don't hitters say it's easier to hit during the day? And aren't hitting stats as a whole higher for day games? Correct me if I'm wrong here...
strong
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mcqfesijiba » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:16 am

He had the opposite splits in 2004. Bad at night, but good during the day. Sometimes splits are deceiving, other times there's really something to them. He's always seemed to be a better home pitcher than away. Oakland was a bit of a pitcher's park, but he has still been better at home this season too.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -450)

Postby Steve-o » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:39 am

jblank wrote:Could be there is something to it, but seeing as I just traded for the guy, I will probably just spot start him 2 or 3 times until he gets back to pitching well. I dont think this rut he is in is permanent and I am confident he will have a good 2nd half. Duncan will whip him back into shape. ;-7

Just curious, what did you have to give up to get him. I am trying to get him in one league I am in, but am very unsure of his value right now.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -16)

Postby benjapage » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:27 pm

for mulder, i just offered frank thomas to a guy in need of power. i'll let you know how it pans out. i personally think mulder will come around. the team's too good, duncan's too good, and he's too good to continue this slide. today's a good day to propose a trade, too, after that spanking the reds put on him yesterday.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -30)

Postby jblank » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:24 pm

Steve-o wrote:
jblank wrote:Could be there is something to it, but seeing as I just traded for the guy, I will probably just spot start him 2 or 3 times until he gets back to pitching well. I dont think this rut he is in is permanent and I am confident he will have a good 2nd half. Duncan will whip him back into shape. ;-7

Just curious, what did you have to give up to get him. I am trying to get him in one league I am in, but am very unsure of his value right now.

I gave up Brazoban, who makes me much too nervous. I have punted saves and once Gagne was done for the year, I shopped Brazoban around. I am in a tight battle in Wins and I am confident that Mulder will get back into form and that the Cards offense will supply him with adequate support.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Raf » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:42 pm

I traded clement for him a while ago.. That sucked.. but I think Mulder is starting to come around, and I think he'll have a better 2nd half than clement.
Raf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers