Return to General Talk

Well my friends and I offended a Hooters waitress.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:24 pm

Tavish wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I know everyone is just joking around and having a good time here, but the misogyny that's shown far too often on this forum is disheartening. Many of you guys sound like a bunch of junior high school punks who are trying to impress your friends by showing how cool you can be by saying ridiculous stuff about girls.

Grow up and go ask your moms for a hug.


I would but I already got a big hug from your sister last night. ;-)





hhaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahsahahahahahahahaahahahhahahaahahahaaaaaaaaha
ahaha
hahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahhaahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahahahhahahahahaa
ahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahhahhaha
omg
hahahahahhahahahahhhahhaha :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b
:-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-D :-b :-D :-b :*) :-) :-b
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11622
(Past Year: -297)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:59 pm

Tavish wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I know everyone is just joking around and having a good time here, but the misogyny that's shown far too often on this forum is disheartening. Many of you guys sound like a bunch of junior high school punks who are trying to impress your friends by showing how cool you can be by saying ridiculous stuff about girls.

Grow up and go ask your moms for a hug.


I would but I already got a big hug from your sister last night. ;-)

He shoots, HE SCORES! :-D
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6410
(Past Year: -16)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:01 pm

kingctb27 wrote:
Tavish wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I know everyone is just joking around and having a good time here, but the misogyny that's shown far too often on this forum is disheartening. Many of you guys sound like a bunch of junior high school punks who are trying to impress your friends by showing how cool you can be by saying ridiculous stuff about girls.

Grow up and go ask your moms for a hug.


I would but I already got a big hug from your sister last night. ;-)

Wow, that is probably the funniest thing I have heard on these Boards :-b :-b :-b


seriously? not that funny.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3728
(Past Year: -29)
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:01 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:
Tavish wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I know everyone is just joking around and having a good time here, but the misogyny that's shown far too often on this forum is disheartening. Many of you guys sound like a bunch of junior high school punks who are trying to impress your friends by showing how cool you can be by saying ridiculous stuff about girls.

Grow up and go ask your moms for a hug.


I would but I already got a big hug from your sister last night. ;-)

Wow, that is probably the funniest thing I have heard on these Boards :-b :-b :-b


seriously? not that funny.


Yes it is. :-b
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11622
(Past Year: -297)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:35 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I know everyone is just joking around and having a good time here, but the misogyny that's shown far too often on this forum is disheartening. Many of you guys sound like a bunch of junior high school punks who are trying to impress your friends by showing how cool you can be by saying ridiculous stuff about girls.

Grow up and go ask your moms for a hug.


What exactly is your problem with this?? He didn't come here asking for an opinion to a serious problem. If so, he would have gotten that. He said that this was a drunken diary and was laughing himself so I don't see an issue here. :-?


My problem isn't with the original post, it's with some of the replies, ie..."if she's hot don't say anything, if she's ugly get her fired."

Also, this is not the only thread where these type of macho, misogynistic replies are prevalent.


Well, maybe so but if you are coming here for your main source of serious advice, you have probably already lost. The fact is that this site is for people 13 and older. I fit in the older crowd but many don't. Many different levels of maturity here. This is a fantasy baseball site, though.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23082
(Past Year: -616)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Madison » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:07 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I know everyone is just joking around and having a good time here, but the misogyny that's shown far too often on this forum is disheartening. Many of you guys sound like a bunch of junior high school punks who are trying to impress your friends by showing how cool you can be by saying ridiculous stuff about girls.

Grow up and go ask your moms for a hug.


What exactly is your problem with this?? He didn't come here asking for an opinion to a serious problem. If so, he would have gotten that. He said that this was a drunken diary and was laughing himself so I don't see an issue here. :-?


My problem isn't with the original post, it's with some of the replies, ie..."if she's hot don't say anything, if she's ugly get her fired."

Also, this is not the only thread where these type of macho, misogynistic replies are prevalent.


I doubt anyone in this thread was actually being serious. Just a drunken story that everyone was having a good time with, and most of us know the others are just joking around. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 48715
(Past Year: -5140)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Art Vandelay » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:43 am

I realize that most people were joking here, but I still find it curious that such misogyny is not only widely accepted, but almost expected and promoted here. Is it because there are almost no women that post on these forums? Maybe if there were no Black people here we could all start acting like racists too! And as I said before, it's not something that's specific to this thread or rare. Read some of the replies in the "Who is the hottest chick" and "fantasy babe league" threads as well, to mention a couple. Anyway, it's really not that big of a deal and I'm not trying to ruin anyone's fun, I just find it disheartening that such misogyny is so common on a fantasy baseball website,.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5254
(Past Year: -11)
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:03 am

Art Vandelay wrote:I realize that most people were joking here, but I still find it curious that such misogyny is not only widely accepted, but almost expected and promoted here. Is it because there are almost no women that post on these forums? Maybe if there were no Black people here we could all start acting like racists too! And as I said before, it's not something that's specific to this thread or rare. Read some of the replies in the "Who is the hottest chick" and "fantasy babe league" threads as well, to mention a couple. Anyway, it's really not that big of a deal and I'm not trying to ruin anyone's fun, I just find it disheartening that such misogyny is so common on a fantasy baseball website,.


I can assure you that we don't hate women around here. Quite the opposite actually. We had a "Hottest Chick" thread that went something like 80 pages before it had to be removed due to too many revealing pictures. There has been another one started and it's reached 27 pages in no time flat. That's not hating women in the least. That's checking out the beautiful women out there and appreciating them.

As to the "fantasy babe league" thread, I have to agree that it's a pretty stupid thread. However, it's not like the ladies in question are girl scouts. Most have brought this kind of feeling on themselves. It's not like the guys are making stuff up, or trying to make a good girl go bad. It's just poking a bit of fun at the ladies who can't seem to follow the law. There are tons of threads that poke fun at guys who stupidly break the law, so it's not like there's any discrimination or anything either.

For anyone who doesn't know, misogyny=hatred of women.

Hate to say it Art, but you're way wrong on this one, or at least using the wrong term to express your opinion, because I can guarantee that if anyone here hates women, it's extremely few. I've been here a couple of years and can say that I don't know of one single poster who hates women. Read more threads and you'll see that I'm telling you the truth. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 48715
(Past Year: -5140)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby wrveres » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:10 am

I hate my ex wife.

the gold digging *****

does that count? :-?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31204
(Past Year: -313)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron